Compliance – Private Wealth Management Coverage, Manager/ Director (Hong Kong)
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Nov 18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Professionals within Legal and Compliance provide a wide range of services to our business units. They might help to structure a complex and sensitive cross-border transaction; advise on a new product introduction; develop a training program or defuse an investor dispute. They preserve the firm’s invaluable reputation for integrity and protect the firm from sanctions with policies and procedures that meet regulatory requirements around the world. They also strive to maintain cooperative relationships with governmental policy makers and the regulatory and self-regulatory agencies that govern the firm’s businesses.
Background on the Team
International Wealth Management (IWM) is the Private Wealth Management Division of Morgan Stanley in Asia, focusing on servicing the investment needs of ultra-high net worth individuals.
PWM Compliance is responsible for assisting in managing the Firm’s PWM Business regulatory risks and helping to preserve the Firm’s franchise through ensuring Business and Infrastructure Units’ compliance with laws, regulations, rules and internal policies and procedures.
- Advise the PWM Business Unit on regulatory and Compliance matters
- Develop policies and procedures to facilitate compliance with laws, regulations and rules and the Firm’s policies, procedures and standards and industry best practice, and monitor for compliance with these policies and procedures.
- Maintain Compliance documentation including Compliance manual, Compliance Notices, rules database, and Compliance plans.
- Perform daily, monthly and ad hoc surveillance of sales and trading activities.
- Conduct periodic desk reviews/audits of the firm’s activities.
- Monitor regulatory changes and communicate such to the relevant staff.
- Handle internal, external and regulatory inquiries, inspections and audits
- Provide training to both professionals and support staff of the Business and Infrastructure Units.
- Undertake ad-hoc projects as required.
Skills required (essential)
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant working experience in the financial services industry in Compliance or related fields.
- Candidates with past working experience with the HKMA will be at an advantage.
-Familiarity with the Banking Ordinance, Securities and Futures Ordinance and the rules, codes and guidelines issued by the HKMA and SFC is a must.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills are essential and fluency in Asian languages e.g. Mandarin or Cantonese advantageous.
-Able to act independently, exercise judgment, work under pressure and liaise effectively with the business units is essential
-Good team work skills.