Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm practices disciplined entrepreneurship while building on a long tradition of serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership.
- The key development area is in the java back-end components.
- As appropriate, get involved with other development workstreams across the global system. With a focus on anything related to the APAC users or APAC local systems.
- Support of the CB (Convertible Bonds) systems during the Asia day. We have a “follow-the-sun” support model involving the development teams in HK, Mumbai, London and NY.
- Note there is a separate global Production Services team which has resources in Shanghai/Mumbai /NY assigned to CB systems. This team is responsible for Level 1 and Level 2 support, but any complicated support requests are always escalated to the development team.
- Respond to any questions or problems raised by the APAC user base. This could relate to any aspect of the systems. Train the HK/Tokyo users following system releases.
- Based on the Global Markets trading floor, close to the CB trading desk.
- There will be a lot of interaction with the HK and Tokyo users (and occasional remote interaction with the London and NY users).
- There will be a significant amount of co-ordination with the development/support teams in other locations.
- Someone in the 2-person HK team needs to be in the office at 7:30am (i.e. well before the Tokyo markets open at 8am HK time). So the person will need to start at 7:30am on certain days.
Key Experience & Skills
- Information Technology or similar degree.
- Both Windows and Linux
- Required Experience
- 5+ years in a front-office development role
- Real-time systems
- Equities background
- Direct user support
- Good communication skills
- Preferred Technology
- Perl or scripting language
- Any C++ or C# experience would be a bonus
- Equity Derivatives (ideally some Convertible Bonds knowledge)
- Trading floor exposure
Regional Disclaimers / Diversity Statement
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.