DevOps Linux and Virtualization System Engineer - Information Technology Hong Kong
You will be on boarded in the Infrastructure as a Service team that develops and maintains On-Premises Cloud Infrastructures, Traditional Hosting and Storage. The department is composed of 20+ DevOps System Administrator and Developers using Agile framework at scale.
We are looking for an experienced System Administrator with strong technical and operational background in Operating System (Linux) and Compute platforms (x86, Virtualization) to provide Follow the Sun Support (on shift basis) and deliver reliable services to our internal partners.
Main responsibilities of the team:
- Support production platforms across all products under the department's responsibility (include Support
- shift, weekend operation and Follow the Sun)
- Plan and deploy upgrades to fulfil compliance, security or capacity requirements
- Design, test and implement news solutions for product under its direct responsibility
- Work in close relationship with other IT teams to ensure client requirement and expectation are
- mutually agreed
- Deliver continuous improvement of the products under its direct responsibility (efficiency, new features, self-service, ...)
As a team member within an Agile framework, the candidate must demonstrate to have a strong willingness to learn about new technologies, new way of working and share his own experience/knowledge as required by the team to deliver the services. In a self-managed environment, high degree of autonomy, responsibility and collaboration are also required. Profile Required Academic Background And Certifications, Experience
Operational Skills Minimum qualifications:
- College degree such as Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of experience as a System Administrator
- Passionate about learning new things, share knowledge, and solving complex challenges
- Automation mindset with little tolerance for repetitive work.
- RedHat Certification (RHCSA/RHCE) or similar
- Experience in administering Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL6 and above) or comparable Linux
- Experience in administering VMWare vSphere and ESXi Software.
- Experience with Intel based server's hardware configuration
- Experience with DevOps configuration tools such as Puppet, Ansible.
- Good knowledge of network protocols and configuration on Linux based system
Nice to have:
- Troubleshooting and design experience for the following services: DNS(Bind), NTP/PTP
- Coding or scripting experience with Python or other mainstream language.
- Experience with OpenStack
- Experience with Security/Operating System hardening.
- Experience with Docker or other container technologies
- Experience with an Agile framework employing SCRUM methodology
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
At Societe Generale we have developed - and continue to develop - advanced programs to support your career development. A diverse and comprehensive Learning & Development program, a Junior program for graduates and a Remuneration policy that stimulates your growth are just a few examples that illustrate how we help you to fulfill yourself personally and professionally, and how we develop your ability to adapt to ever-changing environments and transform challenges into opportunities. Department Description
Welcome to the IT Infrastructure department, Global Technical Services (GTS)..
IT infrastructure is one of the major stakes for the bank and is at the heart of Societe Generale group's strategy.
Today, the Digital Transformation raises important challenges around IT Architecture, Infrastructure and Security. Many of these challenges are opportunities to imagine new experiences for our clients and new way to deliver IT services.
Within the Resources and Innovation division, GTS department plays a key role in the Digital Transformation. With more than 3500 GTS staff located across the world, GTS develops innovative projects while delivering operational excellence for infrastructure services to 148,000 employees and 32 million external clients.
GTS staff motivation comes from the new technologies they deliver to enhance agility of the various business lines (Cloud, Big Data, Continuous Delivery)
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
Job code: 1800129W
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 03/10/2019