Digital Sub Editor - Retail Banking and Wealth Management
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Feb 18 2018-02-15
Some careers shine brighter than others
If you’re looking for a role that will help you stand out at HSBC, take a look at how you can fulfil your potential.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Digital Sub Editor .
In this role, you will
- Produce high quality and accurate copy across print, digital and social channels.
- Produce marketing and service related digital messaging working within rigid restrictions and guidelines.
- Produce long and short form copy appropriate to a variety of project goals and audiences.
- Optimise and reconfigure existing internal and external communications to adhere to UX best practice.
- QC and QA own work and assist colleagues by proofing output as required.
- Work across a variety of projects, ensuring adequate and appropriate prioritisation.
- Ensure all content presents an accurate overview of the brand and is aligned to brand guidelines and tone
- Ensure consistency both within and across documents, brands and sub brands.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- English copywriting qualifications or equivalent
- Experience of User Centred Design methodology and its practical implementation
- Experience of best practice when writing for the web
- Strong understanding of user experience and web best practice
- Experience of multi channel content creation like web, print, mobile, tablet
- Familiar with the use of prototyping tools, basic Photoshop and word processing software
- Subject matter expertise of channel, including technical, commercial, marketplace and customer considerations
- The ability to approach things differently or do different things to deliver goals
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal, to explain complex or technical issues
- Good relationship management skills to satisfy a wide range of internal and external customers with conflicting priorities
- Excellent time management and prioritisation of projects and tasks
- Experience of working with agencies, particularly for usability testing
- High levels of resilience and self motivation.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000AEJ5
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited