Digital Writer - Retail Banking and Wealth Management
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Digital Writer
. Principal responsibilities
- You will be responsible for creating outstanding long form digital content that's designed to help people understand and manage their finances, and local markets achieve their objectives.
- You will work closely with Digital as a Channel colleagues in EMEA, Asia Pacific and the Americas to produce, distribute and measure original, compelling and compliant content.
- The role will require a creative flare and knowledge of best practice digital content production, publishing and distribution.
- You will also need to be able to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders in other disciplines and regions.
- You will be knowledgeable on basic UI and UX practices and have a good understanding of SEO, optimisation and content governance.
- You will work within a Content Studio where you can draw upon the skills and expertise of other digital professionals and work together to deliver best in class content, proven through analytics.
- Reporting into the Editorial Lead, you will be expected to manage your own pipeline of work and ensure milestones are met.
- You will be responsible for the performance of content, monitoring data and identifying opportunities for optimization.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Must be fluent Mandarin speaker and writer in Simplified and Traditional Chinese
- Proven experience as a digital writer particularly on mainland china social media platforms such as Weibo, WeChat,
- Knowledge of digital best practice, including SEO, optimisation and accessibility
- Knowledge of SEO tools and writing for SEO driven content
- Journalism or similar qualification
- Creative mind with an excellent eye for detail
- Experience and interest in personal finance
- Strong digital background
- Understanding of legal and compliance requirements
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Experience working with and building pages in content management systems
- Experience using data analytics tools to inform and measure output
- Experience delivering localised digital content across multiple platforms, especially mobile
- Strong analytical, and planning skills and the ability to work with multiple teams
- Good understanding of project methodology, frameworks and best practice, particularly Agile
- Innovative, with the ability to approach problems differently and find alternative ways to deliver goals
- Strong relationship management and influencing skills to satisfy a wide range of internal and external customers with conflicting priorities
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.