Director, Compliance Assurance GCNA
- around 60-70K (nego.)
- Hong Kong
- Contract, Full time
- Allegis Global Solutions
- 07 Nov 18
Collaborate and support the Head of team and directly contribute to the overall strategy of the function through the development of the annual Assurance Plan by identifying of regulatory compliance risk
- Responsible for the planning, implementing and maintaining a prudent, timely and effective regime for the reviewing, testing, tracking and reporting of compliance, risk management, governance and regulatory issues to the quality required by the Assurance Methodology to demonstrate compliance with Group and local requirements across GCNA.
- Providing governance and oversight over the implementation of Compliance related policies and procedures in the Group to ensure compliance with such policies and procedures across GCNA.
- Draft reports, focus on areas of elevated regulatory risk based on a formal assessment, analysis or management direction to the standards set out in the Assurance Methodology.
- Ensure that all reviews undertaken adhere to the process set out in the Compliance Assurance Methodology, and robustly covers planning, pre- review preparation, fieldwork, reporting and issue tracking
- Manage and lead Assurance review activities in response to Regulatory findings, emerging issues and other unplanned for initiatives
- Undertaking specialist second-line of defence Compliance Assurance Reviews to test the validity and appropriateness of, and business compliance with, compliance policies and procedures in GCNA.
- Make recommendations to relevant stakeholders on possible risk management responses to identified risks and/or findings of concerns from investigations.
- Inform senior management of serious regulatory breaches (or where risk tolerances have been breached) and ensure that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Assist with the delivery of the Assurance plan for GCNA
- Support assurance interface with GCNA Stakeholders and Compliance Policy teams
- Ensure tracking and remediation of significant issues arising from Assurance activities, Audit reviews and regulatory inspections, providing validation of issue closure where necessary
- Assist the Head, GCNA Compliance and FCC Assurance in relation to all compliance assurance activities, including the planning, coordination, execution, evaluation, drafting of and issuing of assurance review reports
- A degree holder in relevant disciplines
- 5-10 years experience in the financial services industry, multi-national banks, consultancy firm or regulatory bodies (HKMA/SFC)
- Knowledge of Compliance and local laws and regulations in the relevant countries and region
- Understanding of best practice risk management techniques and frameworks relevant to the banking industry
- Relevant Audit Qualification E.g. IIA or ICA Dip AML or CFCS
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and sound judgement