Director, IT Planning and Governance
FWD spans Hong Kong & Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 504,000 customers with over 730 staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. The Job: Governance
- Develop, implement and enforce FWD's IT policy
- Oversee IT governance framework, policy, procedures and guidelines execution for FWD HK
- Assist in IT budget, monitor IT expenses, control on project costs & budget
- Track IT resources, including BAU & project manpower
- Enforce IT key process controls in place as general IT risks control, including implementation and regular review/reporting
- IT compliance & risks tracking, initiate & enforce remediation work.
- Liaise and align with Risk/Compliance/Internal and External Audits to manage risk control implementation and regular IT audit inspection and remediation.
- Give advice to Head of IT for IT/Market best practices, to pursue market standard and/or regulatory requirements•IT procurement & vendor management, including procurement process execution, vendor selection, vendor SLA review and service renewal
- Collaborate with Application unit to oversee HK IT system development roadmap in order to align with Group IT standard
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture unit to manage IT system architecture/tools standard, ensure implementation can code with prescribed HK/Group solution standard
- Coordinate with Enterprise Architecture unit to determine technology upgrade path for key IT systems, including desktop, enterprise systems, mobile, IoT and external facing touch-points
- Align with Group IT, PMO, Finance & HR for technology-initiatives planning
- Perform sample inspection on project deliverables, ensure system architecture & standard are followed
- Oversee the evaluation of long-term technology solution(s) by respective delivery unit for enterprise system / platform, ensure they are best-suited and capable to support business strategies
- Give advice to Head of IT on resources planning, including in-house IT and offshort outsourcing
- Define and execute QA strategy which ensure the development of test plan and scripts, and the inclusion of performance test
- Introduction of testing tools as appropriate
- Perform sample check of critical function and features with input from Application unit
- Measure system quality in terms of defects detection during testing stage vs after production
- Work with Application unit to perform analysis of root cause and identification of areas for improvement
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent, minimum 15 years' working experience in Information Technology, with at least 5 years at managerial position, specialized in IT strategic planning, governance, project management, QA and financial control functions.
- Proven track records in managing a team to perform IT strategic planning, control & governance functions, preferably experiences in working under medium-large sized IT environment.
- Sound knowledge in project management and communication skills. Certification in project management such as PMP is a plus.
- Good knowledge in Life / General /Group insurance products and workflow procedures.
- Knowledgeable and experience in enterprise-scale IT systems architecture for Life/General Insurance/Group insurance business.
- Experience in IT QA leadership
- Substantial technical and IT projects/systems management skills.
- Good sense in IT finance reporting.
- Able to work under pressure. Good team player and proactive.
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.