Director, Modelling and Innovation
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
Lead the Actuarial Modelling and Innovation team to (1) support the Chief Actuary in driving innovation and change within the actuarial teams helping the actuarial teams to be more efficient and effective; (2) develop and maintain the actuarial models; (3) leading the production and development of new experience analysis.
- Lead the Actuarial Modelling and Innovation team to support the Chief Actuary in driving innovation and change within the actuarial teams helping the actuarial teams to be more efficient and effective. This will involve investigation, idea generation, planning, execution, co-ordinating with BAU teams, and communicating with senior stakeholders.
- Drive the development and maintenance the actuarial models. These will include the "heavy" actuarial models used in financial and capital reporting, as well model development for IFRS 17.
- Lead the production and development of new experience analysis. Experience analysis is a key investigation carried out by the actuarial department. In addition to ensuring the regular production of these metrics, this role will lead the further development of new techniques for analysis and improving the operational aspects of the work.
- Minimum of 12 years working experience with at least 6 years at managerial level.
- Fellow of Society of Actuaries, or other equivalent actuarial bodies.
- Experience in driving and delivering change
- Broad experiences on wide range of actuarial tasks
- Excellent business and financial acumen
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and to multiple business functions
- Bias for action and results driven
- Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Proven people skills and ability to mentor others in the organization
- Ability to work with diverse personalities, cultures and business practices inherit to an international organization
- Operates with high standards and integrity
- Ability to multi-task, be flexible, adaptable and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and spoken English