Director, iShares Sales, Greater China and North Asia
- Not Specified
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Aug 18 2018-08-18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The role is responsible for iShares business development with a focus on daily client coverage and service in Greater China and North Asia. This encompasses client relationship management with a main focus across financial institutional clients in the region.
- Work with the Head of Division to develop and execute a detailed sales strategy with a focus on promoting the benefits and extending the usage of iShares within the institutional, asset management, and wealth segments.
- Structure and run a high quality daily client service model. Proactively deliver relevant content and product information tied to research, market insights, and ideas targeted to our different clients and segments through regular calls and written updates
- Ensure frequent high quality dialogue and develop relationships with existing and potential clients including portfolio managers, asset allocators, and trading desks in institutions such as AMs and insurers.
- Raise the profile and usage of iShares products within the targeted client segments. Deliver AUM and revenue targets for the business within the channels in the region. Orchestrate a team-based approach and leverage the Firm’s resources at appropriate times in the sales cycle, in order to broaden and deepen the usage of iShares.
- Work within the iShares and wider Blackrock Asia teams to identify and target existing and potential clients. Understand each client’s due diligence process and investment requirements and develop a strategic relationship with relevant gatekeepers through active coverage
- Provide and deliver presentations for workshops, seminars and individual client meetings as appropriate to represent iShares and build a broader understanding and usage of iShares.
- Monitor ongoing client structure, investment objectives, benchmarks, progress and holdings. Provide top market intelligence to help guide regional strategy, current product enhancement efforts, as well as new product development initiatives.
- Work closely with the Global & Regional iShares and BlackRock teams to unlock the potential within Asia and co-ordinate cross-selling opportunities within BlackRock group.
Qualifications / Experience Required:
- 10 plus years of experience in the financial industry. Solid book of business and client relationships preferably with institutions.
- Demonstrable experience in creating and executing a business strategy in China
- Sales experience gained from working in a high quality financial firm selling cash equities, derivatives, or fixed income products.
- Experience within a team that has built out an onshore China business
- Proven expertise in promoting investment products to sophisticated clients. Individuals should have extensive experience in dealing with clients.
- Relevant client relationships a preference.
- Fluent Mandarin and English speaker
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the processes and platforms in the business model of clients.
- Understanding of product set – preferably both ETFs and competitive landscape of delta 1 products. Experience with index or index linked fund products and/or structured/derivatives products is an advantage.
- Experience in managing relationships with multi-level contacts, externally and internally. The ability to be both a consultative and strategic seller.
- Understanding of the regulatory requirement in the region and sense of the medium and long-term opportunities for iShares.
- Self-motivated individual, with a commitment to excellence.
- BA/BS degree in related field; MBA or CFA is preferred
- Outstanding relationship management skills, experience, and ability to become a trusted client advisor.
- Strong time management, interpersonal skills, and presentation skills.
- Strong team player, who is able to collaborate credibly internally in order to leverage the Firm’s resources locally as well as globally
- Professional integrity and loyalty
- Licensing: Type 1 and 4 (can be obtained on the job)
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/D/V.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.