Enterprise Risk Manager
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Capco (The Capital Markets Company Ltd.)
- 12 Nov 18
The Capco Enterprise Risk team is responsible for monitoring the standards and controls which operate to identify and manage Risk across the Capco business to ensure our staff conduct specific business activities according to corporate policies and standards and at appropriate risk levels/appetite. The position will be the primary Risk contact and lead for our APAC Region (including our Hong Kong, Bangkok, Singapore, Malaysia and India offices). The role provides risk and compliance oversight and ongoing reviews of our key business processes, control effectiveness, evaluation of contracts for risk, and promotion of continuous improvement across the organization.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as second Line of Defence
- Ensures strategic objectives and priorities of Enterprise Risk team are met including achievement of our strategic goals, execution of risk assessment activities, coordination of risk response
- Performs risk assessments related to Deal Reviews, Data Protection, Vendor Management and Enterprise Risk Management programs as well as other consulting projects throughout various risk disciplines while identifying potential issues, control gaps and potential process efficiencies.
- Educates and trains all levels of staff and business associates about the risk management program and their respective responsibilities in carrying out program provisions
- Reviews significant events and advises business owners of action steps required to prevent future recurrence.
- Documents risk analysis and controls and evaluates control design and continuous control improvement.
- Tracks, coordinates and resolves issues identified in any and all related control, compliance or risk work
- Participates in projects designed to mitigate risks including generating action plans for issues and gaps.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
- Risk and control focused individual with excellent judgement
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team player, able to forge relationships, build consensus and influence decisions
- Initiative, resourcefulness, and assertiveness in obtaining information needed to proceed with projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- High levels of personal integrity and discretion, respectful of confidentiality and commercial sensitivity
- Knowledge of prone areas of risk in APAC, India businesses
- Ability to solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and manage a large number and variety of projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to exercise judgment and initiative and to fulfil job duties and exceed expectations
- Advanced Skills in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Outlook, Word, Power Point, Office 365
- Experience using databases such as SharePoint
- Exceptional organizational skills; detail oriented
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Insurance, Risk Management or related profession
- Four to six years equivalent experience in a similar role