Capital Dynamics seeks a Fund Accountant / Administrator to join its small Hong Kong office.
As a member of a pioneering team, you are expected to play a key role in helping to build the business operations. As this position demands a wide range of responsibilities, you must be committed, self-motivated, very resourceful, and remain long-term focuses. This position suits mid-level accounting professionals who want to be exposed to general management functions.
Your roles and responsibilities will include:
- Daily fund accounting, resolution of discrepancies with transfer agent's and custodian's records, etc;
- Calculation of Net Asset Value, including monthly reconciliations;
- Handle trade processing and settlements, monitoring of corporate actions, liaising with service providers;
- Preparation of billing to clients; and
- Support senior management to ensure smooth day to day operations, which include matters relating to human resource, client onboarding and servicing, compliance and more.
- A solid degree in Accounting or Finance related discipline or equivalent professional certification; Professional qualification/s are not essential.
- A strong knowledge of corporate actions, trade settlements, cash and valuation reconciliations and portfolio accounting.
- Although applicants with 2 to 3 years of fund accounting experience, especially in equities / managed funds, in the asset management or financial industry would be desired, candidates with financial accounting experience in non-related industries and entry level candidates who are undaunted by the challenge of a steep learning curve are encouraged to apply.
- Deadline oriented, with good interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Attention to details and good problem solving skills.
- Able to multitask and work independently.
- For the right person, there will be opportunities to gain further exposure to project based activities and increasing involvement with regional and international issues.