Head of Backend Engineering- Virtual Banking
Ready to take the next step in your career with us?
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
As one of the biggest banks in market, we are rapidly expanding by growing a new virtual banking business in Hong Kong. We see ourselves as a fast growing start-up company where you will enjoy autonomy and teamwork at the same time, solving new and exciting problems in a nimble and agile way. Join us and be part of history making for future banking experience! The Role Responsibilities
Join us in building a virtual bank from scratch using cloud native technologies. We're a small but fast-growing team solving exciting problems and delivering high quality products in small, interdisciplinary teams. We're applying the learnings from Google, Twitter and Netflix to build the next generation of banking.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Coach, mentor and develop high performing engineers.
- Play a leading role in interviewing, hiring and supporting new engineers.
- Motivate the team with clear, elevating goals.
- Manage engineers distributed across mutiple teams and locations
- Contribute to the technical strategy and architecture.
- Ensure a consistent, high standard approach by performing code reviews, documenting standards and hosting weekly catch-ups.
- Projects will include building web and mobile APIs, developing microservices to evolve our architecture and build our products.
- We have an emphasis on software quality and writing maintainable code using TDD, DDD and Continuous Integration and Delivery.
- Our technology stack is based predominantly on Kotlin, but our design allows for using the most appropriate language to solve the problem i.e. Go, Scala or Rust.
- We use Kubernetes and Docker to schedule and run our services.
- Kafka for our asynchronous message streaming.
- GraphQL and REST APIs.
- Persistent data storage using Postgres.
- Infrastructure running on Cloud.
- Excellent communication, leadership and organisational skills.
- Experience leading and managing engineers distributed across multiple cross-functional delivery teams in multiple locations.
- Experience working in a fast paced agile environments shipping changes at least every two weeks.
- At least 5 years of experience developing and supporting large scale, mission critical distributed systems.
- At least 10 years of backend development experience.
- Exposure to cloud, ideally AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Passionate technologist who attends conferences and experiments with the latest tools and technologies.
- Graduate Degree (or above) in Computer Science/Maths/Physics/similar.
- Quick learner with an ambitious and results driven
If you're ready to take on your next challenge, apply now.