• Supervise the operations of Internal Audit Dept., formulate annual audit plan and develop audit approach to carry out effective and professional audit functions.
• Arrange audit assignments, identify risks, and provide appropriate recommendations on controls.
• Enhance audit proficiencies through implementing appropriate audit standards, methodologies and process.
• Monitor and control audit job progress, review audit findings, prepare and review audit reports.
• Lead internal projects to achieve the Company’s strategic plan on internal control system.
• Ensure compliance with the Banking Ordinance and relevant policies and guidelines issued by the Hong Kong Monetary Authority, and take immediate remedial actions for non-compliance.
• Carry out fraud investigation, ad-hoc assignments and projects.
• Update the terms of reference for the Audit Committee, organize Audit Committee meetings and prepare Audit Committee meeting minutes.
• Co-ordinate the internal and external audit processes, liaise with Head Office, External Auditors and relevant regulatory bodies to meet the audit requirements.
• Prepare annual department budget and manage daily administration.
• Monitor subordinates’ performance, coach and develop the subordinates to ensure the staff have adequate training to excel the business objectives and maintain professional standard of audit functions, give ethical training to ensure the subordinates adhere to the ethical standards and in compliance with the Company policies and regulatory requirements.
• Review the subordinates’ reimbursement applications, and approve/reject the applications in strict compliance with Company policies and designated authority.
• Degree in Accountancy an a fellow member of the HKICPA or Master Degree holder, Certified Information Systems Auditor, and knowledge of the China accounting and taxation practices.
• More than 10 years experience in both external auditing and bank audit.
• In depth knowledge of the loans and investments, business operations, internal control systems and risk management in restricted license banks, with at least 5 years experience in senior management position in the auditing field .
• Solid understanding on risk management as well as key profit and cost drivers of company performance.
• Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, organization, teamwork, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Good English reporting and presentation skills.
• Good command of spoken English, Cantonese and Mandarin (an advantage).
Interested parties, please send your resume in MS WORD FORMAT with expected and last/current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.