Internal Auditor - Risk - Senior Auditor
Internal Auditor - Risk - Senior Auditor Description JP Morgan Chase
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ . Internal Audit Function
The JP Morgan Chase Audit Department provides the Board of Directors, senior management and regulators with independent assurance that internal controls are operating effectively. Audit works closely with the Lines of Business (LOBs) and their support functions to achieve its mission through a comprehensive audit program. The department is respected throughout the firm for the caliber of the staff and their ability to add value beyond the audit opinion. The Global Audit Department has in excess of 1,000 auditors. Position Description
The Internal Auditor - Risk - Senior Auditor position is within the Asia Risk Audit Team based in Hong Kong; the team partner closely with the Global Risk Team and Asia line of business and functional audit teams.
The Risk Management Audit Team is primarily responsible for assessing the adequacy of the control environment across the firm's risk organization (Credit, Market, Operational, Risk Reporting and Legal Entity Risk Management, among others). Legal entity risk management is a major focus area within this team where risk owned legal entity specific risks and controls are assessed within the broader risk governance framework for alignment to firmwide policies and local regulatory requirements. This is achieved through a comprehensive program of audit coverage that is executed by a local and global team of business and technology auditors.
The candidate will be expected to perform the following:
- Lead key aspects of audit activities including risk assessments, audit planning, audit testing, control evaluation, report drafting, work paper documentation and follow up and verification of issue closure.
- Maintain relationships with and provide control-related advice to senior business stakeholders within Risk.
- Partner with colleagues, clients and control community members to evaluate, test and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of management controls. This is conducted in accordance with department and professional standards and will require the presentation of root cause analysis to senior client management.
- Work collaboratively with line of business and risk management auditors in the early identification of emerging control issues and reporting them to line of business and audit management.
- Perform monitoring of periodic key risk indicators to identify patterns and trends with risk and control implications.
- Partner with other groups within Audit ( Corporate & Investment Bank, Corporate Sector, Technology etc. ) to ensure the delivery of a seamless program of audit coverage across JPMorgan Chase.
- Stay up to date with evolving regulatory, industry and market events impacting the firm's risk organization, particularly those unique to the region.
- Some travel will be required.
The Senior Auditor must be a mature and experienced professional who possesses strong leadership skills and presence, and extensive knowledge of the operational and control risks which exist in these risk functions and businesses. This individual should possess strong communication skill, be a strong team player, able to multi-task, think independently and challenge the status quo, demonstrate project management skills and work under pressure in a dynamic business environment. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related or quantitative discipline.
- Professional certifications like CA, ACA, CIA, CFA, FRM would be preferred though not a necessary requirement
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a financial services firm, with an audit background, and experience in or exposure to Risk Management
- Ability to lead audits, work effectively within a matrix organization, manage multiple projects and participate in audit assignments in a team environment.
- Proficiency in risk assessment, issue/impact analysis and executive report preparation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required with ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure
- Works well individually and in teams, shares information, supports colleagues and encourages participation