Litigation, regulatory contentious and employment lawyer - Legal / Taxation / Compliance Hong Kong
Providing legal advice and coordinating external legal counsel in relation to:
1. Litigation/arbitration, disputes and other contentious matters for SG group entities in APAC, whether the relevant SG entity is the claimant or defendant;
2. Regulatory contentious matters involving SG entities or their staff in APAC;
3. Employment matters, including but not limited to those with a contentious, performance or conduct related aspect; and
4. Asset recovery matters.
The focus of the role is on the bank's activities and entities in Hong Kong, but the role extends to providing support for matters across the Asia Pacific region, working in cooperation with any local legal teams in addition to external counsel. Other tasks
1. Providing or arranging appropriate training on legal aspects relating to contentious matters;
2. Managing external counsel in relation to the above; and
3. Managing the internal reporting of contentious matters.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities Profile Required Competencies/Qualifications
1. Degree in law (HK, Commonwealth or US qualification preferred).
2. Approximately 5-7 years' experience as a qualified lawyer on contentious matters, ideally with previous in-house bank experience following work in private practice; experience of employment and asset recovery matters is an advantage.
3. Experience of dealing with regulators and, in particular, the enforcement or corresponding functions of regulators, stock exchanges, central banks and similar entities.
4. Ability to work closely with colleagues in Legal, Compliance, Human Resources and business line functions, and to manage external counsel effectively.
5. Good interpersonal and communication skills and a strong command of spoken and written English; Cantonese and Mandarin Chinese an advantage.
6. Discipline and professionalism: strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills; the ability to work under pressure.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity and a strategy of sustainable growth.
Job code: 19000GY1
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 01/07/2019