Manager, Group Finance
FWD Group spans Hong Kong & Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, and Japan, offering life and medical insurance, general insurance and employee benefits across a number of its markets.
FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
Established in Asia in 2013, FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. For more information please visit WWW.FWD.COM Purpose
Manage the accounting and reporting function for the Group including:
1. Prepare Group consolidation on both financial reporting and management accounting basis;
2. Maintain a robust control framework in financial reporting;
3. Follow Group accounting policies ensure the consistency of accounting approaches across countries;
4. Key accounting resource supporting the businesses. How you can contribute Accounting and Reporting
• Prepare Group consolidated financial statements.
• Review country financial reports and management information reports ensure information received from the countries comply with Group standards.
• Analyze and review business results.
• Prepare audit committee reports and board materials for Group board meeting.
• Ad-hoc analysis and analytical report preparation for senior executive management.
• Maintain Group Accounting Manual and Policies.
• Provide accounting advice to countries on product accounting, investment accounting or financial reporting.
• Work closely with Actuarial team in various financial reporting. Projects and Partnerships
• Support high profile strategic projects from an accounting perspective.
• Develop and implement robust finance controls to govern and monitor the activities (i.e. financial reporting, investment accounting, accounting policies adoption approvals, and governance, etc) of group entities.
• Work closely with the designated group office functions as a business partner and provide advice on the financial and business implications of business strategies.
• Manage the relationship with external auditors. Who we are looking for
• Qualified accountant.
• 5-8 years practical experience in finance and control.
• Sound knowledge in insurance and investment accounting.
• Sound IFRS knowledge and experience.
• Strong analytic skills and numeric senses.
• Attention to detail, deadline-oriented with multi-tasking skills.
• Strong communication and relationship skills.
• Proficiency in using Oracle / Hyperion system is preferred.