Manager, Trade Services
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Monitor workflows to ensure all transactions are promptly processed as reflected by the agreed turnaround times for customers and also to ensure that the nature, complexity and value of transactions are processed by team members who possess the compatible expertise.
- Review Product Program and DOI to ensure associated risks are duly addressed and mitigated.
- Control over all the back office accounting, balancing and reconciliation functions.
- Maintain control over day-to-day operations to ensure that the Bank's policies, operational guidelines are duly adhered to by team members and Shared Service Centre (SSC).
- Establish close relationship with Customer Services Group (CSG) at managerial level.
- Approve transactions up to the delegated authorities.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Degree/Professional qualification in any discipline, preferably in banking and finance;
- Strong experience and knowledge in Trade Operations;
- Excellent knowledge in trade operation and trade finance products;
- Strong knowledge of UCP & URC Rules and ISBP, CDCS/CITF accreditation is an advantage ;
- Analytical skills - ability to review & analyse workflows and procedure to drive process improvements, enhancing client experience;
- Client focus and self motivated, confident individual with excellent communication and presentation skills.;
- Ability to work under strict timelines and produce high quality deliverables;
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Mandarin;
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.