Modern Cloud Application Architect-Consulting-Cloud
Deloitte China's professionals provide a full range of audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk management and tax services. We connect with the Deloitte Global network to provide clients of any size with local experience and international expertise. As one of the leading professional services providers, we have considerable experience in this marketplace.
The Deloitte purpose is about making an impact that matters to our clients, people and society. Our extensive spectrum of services enables us to help our clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. We are committed to investing in our people and empowering them to achieve more than they can elsewhere. Our advice is only as valuable as our actions and integrity. We believe that by strengthening our clients and society, we become stronger ourselves.
To learn more about how Deloitte makes an impact that matters in China, connect with the Deloitte China social media platforms at www2.deloitte.com/cn/en/social-media. About Technology
Deloitte Consulting Technology Service Area aims to provide the end-to-end consulting services by helping clients in different industries to re-engineer the business process, design the enterprise level application system architecture and modules, implement the application systems, manage the changes of business along the whole process, and realize the digital transformation. Deloitte Technology Consulting team is the world-leading enterprise application consulting organization, and continuously ranked as "leader" in the enterprise application consulting market in China for years.
Deloitte Cloud is trusted by many of the world's most admired organizations to deliver complex, enterprise-level transformation. We draw on Deloitte's business insight across industries and adjacent domains (such as risk, compliance and cybersecurity) and integrate that with vast technical resources to help modernize operating models, ensure culture change, and mitigate business risk. With Deloitte, clients do not only discover Cloud potential, but also adopt, apply, and scale the technologies needed to go out and achieve it. We also bring industry-leading assets such as our Cloud management platform ATAData that accelerates and standardizes migration and modernization scalably for clients.
Our Cloud Services include Cloud Strategy & Op Model Transformation, Cloud Migration, Cloud Managed Services, Cloud Infrastructure, Cloud Development & Integration. We help our clients accelerate their digital transformation and competitive advantage by planning, executing and evolving with on their enterprise ecosystems of public and hybrid clouds. Summary of Needs:
Our team's mission is to help clients maximize the potential innovation, agility and savings of Cloud to achieve their business goals. Thus we are looking for a trust-worthy, responsible and team-minded Application Architect that's passionate about modern application technologies, methods, and constant learning.
Responsibilities - Delivery
• Act as the senior lead application architect for defining and delivering complex solutions to solve client's business , technical and organizational needs. Most of the work will be with Enterprises with significant legacy on-prem systems that need to work with (or migrate to) Cloud platforms like AWS/Ali/GCP/Azure and even combining with other SaaS/PaaS/etc.
• Be a thought leader in helping clients get the most out of powerful modern App Dev technologies, patterns, methodologies and platforms .
• Challenge customer's assumptions with best practices on ways to work - eg. How to transition to DevOps and agile with empathy for client's talent and budget constraints.
• Clear communicator to all client and team stakeholders and be comfortable leading Application and also infrastructure / non-functional requirements. Responsibilities - Business Development
• Support pursuit teams in technical solution design and assessments, including the proposal development process
• Lead our Developers and Cloud infra experts to define useful demo's and architecture of MVP
Responsibilities - Practice Development & Eminence
• Developing practical solutions and methodologies
• Support building and maintaining collaboration relationships with key Cloud Providers like AWS, Alicloud, AWS etc.
• Providing leadership and on-the-job training to junior consulting staff in technical and solutioning for Cloud.
• Sharing best practices, "thoughtware" and "point-of-view" internally and externally
• Potentially participate in public speaking events
• Lead the design of application architecture , eg. guiding teams and practitioners through the patterns of Micro services app design (Domain driven design, 12 factors etc), how to structure transformation of monolithic to micro services, API-design principles, and provide guidance on transforming to a product-driven organization with DevOps and Agile.
• Comfortable and up to date with overall hybrid and multi-Cloud development options - including Serverless (Azure Functions, AWS Lambda...), Containers and related platforms (Openshift / ICP / CloudF oundry), IOT and hybrid. Preferably know at least one of the major Cloud platforms well (eg. AWS/Azure/GCP/Ali) in these domains, and expected to be able to pick up the similar capabilities in other Cloud platforms rapidly.
• Be well structured and communicate well to business-users, testers, developers, infrastructure operators
• Comfortable with modern data platforms like Data Lake architecture.
• Our team has strong hybrid Cloud specialists across private Cloud (e.g. VMWare, NetApp...), public Cloud (eg. AWS/Ali/Azure/GCP) that will partner with you to achieve the full benefits of Cloud app and infra.
• 5+ years of Application Architect experience
• 2+ years in modern application architecture project experience.
• Some level of hands-on development work in the past (eg. Java developer, Node.js)
• Experience working with and communicating/influencing in complex enterprise organizations and their expectations/challenges (and some frustrations!)
• Nice-to-have: Experience in banking, insurance or manufacturing sectors is preferred
• Nice To Have: Data architecture experience for Data Warehouse , ETL, Data Lakes ; Cloud application migration and 'wave planning' Language
• English (must)
• Cantonese and Mandarin (highly preferred but we can tailor-make roles for the right talent)
• Manager or Senior manager (or above for exceptional talents) (generally >12 years' experience)
Deloitte China refers to Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Macau, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Certified Public Accountants LLP in the Chinese Mainland and their respective affiliates practising in Hong Kong, Macau and the Chinese Mainland.
Requisition code: CN173887