Officer, Consumer Bank Client Advocacy, Complaints Management Analyst
The Complaints Management Anlst is a developing professional role. Applies specialty area knowledge in monitoring, assessing, analyzing and/or evaluating processes and data. Identifies policy gaps and formulates policies. Interprets data and makes recommendations. Researches and interprets factual information. Identifies inconsistencies in data or results, defines business issues and formulates recommendations on policies, procedures or practices. Integrates established disciplinary knowledge within own specialty area with basic understanding of related industry practices. Good understanding of how the team interacts with others in accomplishing the objectives of the area. Develops working knowledge of industry practices and standards. Limited but direct impact on the business through the quality of the tasks/services provided. Impact of the job holder is restricted to own team. Responsibilities:
- Respond and resolve the disputes in a timely and fair manner and create excellent customer relationships during the process and beyond.
- Provide our customers with a contact point to a skilled, knowledgeable case officer who has the authority and delegation to act on behalf of the customers.
- Responsible for the acceptance, investigation, and timely resolution of complex complaints received.
- Ensure all telephone calls/emails and correspondence received are answered or responded to in a timely manner and all customer contact is recorded in the appropriate systems.
- Ensure all departmental service level agreements are met.
- Work effectively with the relevant business units to obtain required account information for the resolution of a case within agreed Service Level Agreement time frames.
- Responsible for identifying, analyzing and reporting on possibly serious systemic issues.
- Undertake process improvement related projects which are focused towards providing a seamless customer experience.
- Identify and report possible preventable complaints and ensure appropriate coaching is provided,
- Develop empathy and rapport with customers and set and meet customer expectations during the resolution of problems and complaints and promote Citi Brand and Values in all interactions.
- Actively participate in mediation and conciliation of the complaint cases.
- Manage and minimize potential escalation of complaints to the media avoiding litigation.
- Participate in improvement initiatives and make pro-active constructive improvement recommendations.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 0-2 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of external dispute resolution schemes.
- Demonstrated customer orientation along with customer advocacy skills and ability to problem solve.
- Excellent time management, business writing and communication skills. Attention to detail.
- Proven ability to negotiate with others. Ability to develop and deepen stakeholder relationships. Ability to make independent, impartial and fair decisions in dispute matters. Ability to self manage. Proven mediation skills and the ability to stay calm and constructive under pressure.
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Marketing Job Family:
Customer Experience Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting