Operational Risk Manager (Front Office Markets, Trading & Sales) - Risks Hong Kong
Major accountabilities & responsibilities (Job Objective)
- Own the Operational Risk Management of MARK with a focus on the Equities & Equity Derivatives Business Line including Trading, Engineering and Sales
- Represent MARK Asia in key global transformation projects
- Develop strong knowledge of MARK Activities, Processes, Risks and Controls by interacting both with NCG team as well as BMO's, traders, sales and engineers.
- Develop strong practical knowledge of the regulatory framework around the activities within MARK business
- Develop practical knowledge of the tools and referential data used in the management of Operational Risk and use those tools to record, report and analyse operational risk indicators.
- Use above knowledge to proactively identify risk and design relevant, pragmatic control frameworks to mitigate risk.
- Work with NCG to pro-actively assess and prevent Operational Risk, with an eye both on securing the business and help developing business.
- Respect the SG Code of Conduct and the Trading and Sales Handbook guidelines.
- Approach projects with sustainability, scalability and automation as key requirements throughout the project life cycle.
- Cooperate with first, second and third line of defence teams both on the business side as well as on the support functions (operations, information technology, etc.)
All our positions are open to people with disabilities Profile Skills and Competencies requirements
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Physics, Mathematics, Law or related discipline
- 3 years minimum experience in operations, audit, markets division, IT
- Solid Financial Industry knowledge and regulatory framework would be preferred
- SFC Paper 1, CFA, FRM, MBA holders would be an advantage
- Good problem solving, investigation skills
- Advance excel skills
- Programming skills in VBA, Python, C/C++ would be an advantage
- Proactive, willingness to learn in a fast pace environment
- A strong team player in working with various stakeholders in a complex organization environment
- Proficient communication skills in both verbal and written English, Cantonese and French would be an advantage
SG CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. SG CIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public-sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
MARK is the Global Markets division within CIB and offers a broad range of services to investors across the world through its sales, trading and financial engineering divisions across two key business lines (equity, fixed income & currencies).
The Norms, Controls & Governance team (NCG) is an integral part of the Global Markets division. NCG defines, implements and monitors the First Line of Defence framework for MARK's day to day activities, excluding market and counterparty risk. As such, NCG team manages the operational risk in its different manifestations, which includes understanding and overseeing the different processes within the Business Lines, assessing weaknesses and risks in those processes and design controls to mitigate those risks. In addition, the team provides reports to MARK management.
NCG is composed of Anti-Fraud Management, Operational Risk Management and Electronic Trading Management divisions, focussing on their respective aspects of operational risk.
Job code: 19000I24
Business unit: SG Securities (HK) Limited
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 15/07/2019