BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
https://careers.apac.bnpparibas/ Position Purpose
This critical position is to bolster the existing production team to accommodate the expanding Prime solution and financing (PS&F) business in Hong Kong. The business consists of Prime Brokerage, stock lending, Equity Financing (Delta-1) and Exchange listed Derivatives Execution. The role will interact with local, regional and global development and peers as well as provide the business users with an interface to technology.
• Global Prime Brokerage systems used in Asia on CFD, Swap, Stock lending, reporting, portal, referential, margin and risk calculation and trade capture
• Technical on-boarding of new client including setup secured SFTP, SWIFT connection, testing of SWIFT message or custom trade file, setup report delivery and liaise with client on any specific requirement Responsibilities
• Early shifts from 07:30am HKT on a rotation basis
• Bank holiday cover, on a rotation basis
• Handovers from Montreal and to Mumbai
• Weekly night call with New York Team
• Some weekend work (DR drill etc)
Ensure all reported incidents are correctly logged, investigated, understood, explained and followed up to avoid reoccurrence.
Be involved with:
• Main business contact for day-to-day technology issues / requirements for the listed derivatives business.
• Understanding the derivatives, prime brokerage, stock lending and Equity Financing (Delta-1) business flow and providing expert application consultation and support to the Front Office and Middle Office.
• Working hand-in-hand with Front & Middle Office to support trading, P&L, Margin/Risk, Client services, Ops control from an application perspective.
• Develop key application expertise on the Global derivatives and prime brokerage suite of applications, working with regional/global teams
• Ad-hoc reporting for Front and Middle Office.
• Coordinate on client on-boarding tasks for Prime Brokerage.
• Participate in key projects for expansion of the business to ensure seamless implementation.
• Ensuring the operate stability of the application suite and making sure that system capacity is actively managed. Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Strong technical skills (Unix, SQL, excel)
- Rapid Application Development experience preferable using Excel. Knowledge/Skills/Experience Required:
- In-depth knowledge of Equity/derivative products.
- Knowledge in Delta-1 equity financing products as well as stock lending business
- Experience of working in front office trading environment Desired skills (but not necessary)
Knowledge of Treasury products , Cooperate Banking payment
ITIL Language Required:
English fluent Other Requirements:
Strong desire to investigate and resolve issues in the short term (workaround / setting up procedure) and longer term (participate to the definition of proper fix)
Genuine interest in supporting trading systems
Interest to work in financial IT and learn business.
Good personal organisation to follow up simultaneously a very large number of support issues.
Understand users' need and convert them to IT requirements.