Procurement Manager, Information Technology
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- BOC International
- 12 Nov 18
As a leading investment bank in China and Hong Kong region, the investment banking arm of Bank of China, BOC International Holdings Limited (“BOCI”), is now seeking highly motivated, creative and success-oriented professional who would like to pursue the career for supporting our group.
- Providing team leadership in overseeing the day-to-day operation of the IT Procurement team supporting a wide range of IT services and products;
- Coordinate and support all procurement requests and sourcing activities for IT to ensure business requirement are met and compliant with the the firm policy;
- Defining procurement related policy & procedures and driving strategic changes in collaboration with teams to ensure strategic consistency and achieve the targeted efficiency;
- Lead commercial negotiations using established processes and represent the strategic requirements of the firm;
- Manage service contract and supplier contract/disputes where occur and protect the interests of the firm at all times;
- Work with functional teams to identify cost saving opportunities, negotiate pricing / contracts with suppliers & vendors and mitigate risks;
- Maintain and regularly review supplier/vendor performance to review metrics and KPI to understand volumes, drivers and projected growth. Explain variances, address performance lapses and propose adjustments;
- Communicate effectively with business users and IT teams regarding strategic provision of all technology support & services;
- Maintain BOCI internal control standards, implement and observe Group Compliance Policy and maintain awareness of operational and reputational risk;
- Actively facilitate the ongoing development of employees in accordance with plans created for performance improvement. Provide guidance and coaching to team members;
- Improve supply chain sustainability performance through adopting best practices and effective methodologies; and
- Develop supplier performance management framework and embedded the discipline into managing key critical suppliers/service providers.
- University graduate with a degree in Computer Science or Business Management related discipline;
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in managing procurement operation preferably in a financial sector;
- Extensive knowledge in procurement and sourcing of IT equipment, software and services for IT , preferably with exposures on technologies support and strategy project implementation from front to back offices;
- Strong Supplier Management, Relationship Management and Contract Management skills are essential;
- Solid and proven technical project management, coordination and negotiation;
- Strong communication, interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills;.
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to optimize organizational effectiveness;
- Ability to manage competing priorities and escalate accordingly.
Please apply in strict confidence with full resume, academic record, current and expected salaries. (The personal data provided will be used for consideration of recruitment only. All personal data of unsuccessful candidatee will be destroyed within six months.)