Programmer (AS400/ LifeAsia) (Fresh graduates are welcome)
FWD spans Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia, and has a representative office in Shanghai, China. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand and relevant products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
Established in Asia in 2013, FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 530,560+ customers with over 830+ staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. Job Highlight
The Job (i) Development Team:
- Start your career journey in a fast growing company
- Exposure to AS400 / LifeAsia and industry IT practices
- Great career progression and stable working environment
- Excellent learning & development opportunities
- Permanent role with an attractive package (20 AL, Medical & Dental, Discretionary Bonus)
- Fresh graduates are welcome
(ii) Production Support Team:
- Participate in projects throughout its life cycle including feasibility study, development, testing and deployment
- Responsible for system development, SIT, UAT and regression test support
- Participate in writing system specifications and operational menu
- Perform trouble shooting on systems issues
- Follow best practices adhere to system development standards
- Perform the back-end (AS400) application system support activities for day to day IT services including problem investigation/resolution, data patching/extraction, user enquiries and program fixes
- Analyze, prepare and present production support progress to ensure users and management are well-informed on issues update
- May also participate in projects throughout its life cycle including feasibility study, development, testing and deployment
- Follow best practices adhere to system development and support standards
- Fresh graduate of High Diploma / Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related disciplines
- Knowledge in Life Insurance products and workflow is an advantage
- Interest and keen to learn about LifeAsia / AS400 programming
- Sound interpersonal, analytical and presentation skills
- Service orientated mindset
- Passionate in problem solving and tackling challenges
- Good team player, strong self-initiative, and commitment to achieve high quality results
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.