The Senior Project Manager accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specified projects ensuring consistency with Citi project management governance.
- Manages people managers, including responsibility for the alignment of Organizational objectives and individual development plans.
- Project manages relatively small projects whilst overseeing the total project list and in particular the key critical projects
- Resolves complex problems or transactions, where expertise is required to interpret against policies, guidelines or processes.
- Full ownership for one or more processes, reports, procedures or products, and may also be considered analytical or procedural experts representing a unit or team on cross-function process or project deliverables.
- May supervise day-to-day work of junior level employees, but will not typically have formal management role.
- Manages one team (consisting of support staff and/or entry-level analysts).
- Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge of concepts and procedures within own area to resolve issues.
- Ensures creation of project plan and charter benefits management plan, stakeholder management plan, acceptance plan, and central project issue log.
- Ensures resources are assigned to project & monitor commitment.
- Ensures change control is executed throughout project.
- Identifies, documents, and understands project dependencies Identify key stakeholders who participate in project scope definition.
- Tracks actual project costs, identify variances, and reforecast project costs as needed.
- Measures project management performance against standards.
- Ensures appropriate project staffing levels.
- Establishes project communication needs and create project communication plan.
- Creates the project risk management plan.
- Partners with cross function peers to create, administer, track, and eventually close project contracts.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years of experience in project management, primarily in financial services
- Experience in supervising project managers/business analysts/project officers
- Experience in interaction at Board/Executive management level of businesses
- Broad understanding of business practices
- Demonstrates capacity to work in highly pressured & volatile environments.
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Project and Program Management Job Family:
Project Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting