Regulatory Change Management Counsel
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo Bank
- 12 Oct 18
This person will be responsible for building out a new role to assist in Wells Fargo’s monitoring of laws and regulations in the APAC region. This person will be responsible for reviewing and analyzing laws and regulations impacting the Wells Fargo APAC businesses and will prepare and oversee the communications and summaries of laws and regulations for the benefit of compliance and business clients.
- Work with the legal department to provide legal advice on matters to the management of the Wells Fargo APAC Platform in planning and policy setting.
- Responsible for reviewing analyzing laws and regulations impacting Wells Fargo APAC businesses and activities and will prepare and oversee the communications and summaries of laws and regulations for the benefit of compliance and business clients.
- Ability to analyze legal issues in substantive law in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on routine legal matter
- May have responsibility for providing guidance to less experienced counsel or paralegals
- Duly qualified lawyer admitted to practice law in common-law jurisdictions or the US.
- Possess 5 years or more post qualification experience practicing law with a major law firm or financial services organization
- Experience representing international financial institutions on some or all of cross-border transactions, regulatory issues and dealing with regulators
- Good technical knowledge of APAC markets and relevant financial and other laws (insolvency, tax, etc) with respect to lending and securities products
- Excellent drafting, negotiation and communication skills
- Flexible, proactive, creative and entrepreneurial approach
- Ability to manage projects and work with multidisciplinary project teams
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines