Securities Lending Java Technical Lead
The Securities Lending business at a leading investment bank is responsible for the business activities that enable their clients to gain short exposure via both the Prime Brokerage and Delta Structured Products business lines. This includes both granting pre-trade approval (or locates) to clients looking to short sell via cash or synthetics, as well as managing their asset inventory and executing external borrows with lenders to cover any positions. These activities drive significant revenues for the Firm globally, and Asia is a key focus and growth area. The team works closely with the Securities Lending trading desk and strats in order to deliver innovative solutions which drive significant P&L upside.
- Develop and deploy technology system solutions for the Securities Lending Business. Primarily server-side Java development but also Scala and Angular UIs.
- Work with traders and team members to analyze business problems and specify solutions
- Collaborate with team-mates within your Agile Squad to deliver functionality in an iterative fashion, with a focus on automated testing and code quality.
- Lean the business domain and become a subject matter expert and therefore become more effective at building and delivering solutions.
- Exhibit a strong sense of ownership over the quality of technical solutions and ensure you provide the very highest levels of service to the business.
- Strong knowledge of Java, experience with server-side development
- Good understanding of multi-threaded Java programming
- Experience using relational databases (SQL)
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to solve problems
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to deliver high-quality software working in multi-person teams
If interested, please apply and send your CV to Amy.Hall@TEKsystems.com