The Maples Group is a leading service provider offering clients a comprehensive range of legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg, and is an independent provider of fiduciary, fund services, regulatory and compliance, and entity formation and management services.
Applications are invited by the Hong Kong office of the Maples Group for the position of
Senior Fund Accountant/Fund Accountant
who will be responsible for daily processing of transactions for a portfolio of investment funds and the preparation of cash reconciliations.
- Prepare Net Asset Value (“NAV”) files for a portfolio of medium to high complexity investment funds;Liaise with investment managers, prime brokers and custodians in relation to trading activity as required for transaction processing and NAV preparation;
- Prepare client compliance files, maintain the client database and perform general administrative functions related to client funds;
- Assist in the invoicing process, collection of receivables and will liaise with auditors to provide requested information and respond to queries.
- University degree in accounting or finance;
- A professional accounting qualification (CPA, ACCA or equivalent) would be an asset together with a minimum of 2-4 years' relevant experience in financial services with a leading accountancy practice or financial institution;
- Offshore fund accounting or administration experience is an asset;
- Have a sound working knowledge of all Windows applications and ideally knowledge of fund accounting applications, e.g. Advent Geneva;
- Have experience of relationship management and client service;
- Excellent time management, organizational and prioritization skills along with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (fluent written and oral English) in addition to English, Mandarin would be an asset.
The level of experience and qualifications will determine whether the candidates will be considered for a Fund Accountant or Senior Fund Accountant role.
We offer a supportive environment, structured on a team basis. Benefits include 3 weeks' vacation (pro-rated for part years), health insurance and a pension plan. Our competitive remuneration package is based on qualifications and experience.