Senior Manager (or Manager), Balance Sheet Management
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The primary purposes of this role
- Work with project PMO to implement the target operating model for SC NEA, driving system automation built around the Murex transaction processing system, to support Structural Foreign Exchange (SFX) hedging and related activities.
- Manage the SFX hedging activities for KRW and TWD currencies, including the booking and reporting of the SFX hedges for SC NEA
- Support capital management activities related to the SC NEA including profit remittance and any capital injection
- Perform operational risk control for the Regional Balance Sheet Management (RBSM) team, ensuring the governance around RALCO is effective and compliant with external and internal requirements
- Support the RBSM team on special projects, ad hocs and providing backup.
- Take over the accounting and reporting processes for SC NEA from SCB UK finance, including proper documentation of the processes and control
- Work with Group Product Control team to record the proper hedge accounting entries for the SFX hedges booked in SC NEA
- Produce the IFRS pack for SC NEA and coordinate with Hong Kong Financial Reporting team for the consolidation of SC NEA into SCBHK
- Review the SFX hedging strategies with Group Treasury team and provide hedging proposals to RALCO for approval
- Review profit remittance proposals from Korea and Taiwan; coordinate with the RALCO Secretary to seek approval from RALCO for profit retention
- Review for any requirement for capital injection for SC NEA; coordinate with RBSM and the HK capital management team to obtain approvals from the relevant governance committees
- Work with RBSM, Project PMO, Group Treasury COO and Product Control to develop and implement the target operating model based on the Murex transaction processing system to improve booking, accounting and reporting of the SFX hedges for SCNEA
- Develop and manage the operational risk control processes for the RBSM team, including risk assessment, documentation of the relevant control for capital and liquidity as well as performing the control processes on a periodic basis
- Support the RBSM team on special projects and ad hocs
People and Talent
- Ensure adherence to capital limits and other balance sheet measures, authority frameworks and related minimum control standards and mitigants to ensure risk exposures material to the GCNA region remain within risk tolerance and risk appetite.
- Ensure robust control processes are in place and effective as part of the operational risk framework.
- Assist in driving the learning agenda devised by Finance and Group Treasury on Balance Sheet Management.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Have and maintain a good understanding of applicable laws and regulations pertaining to capital, ensuring that there are appropriate controls to remain compliant with them.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Regional Head BSM
- Treasury Capital
- Regional CFO, GCNA
- HK Financial Reporting Team
- HK Capital Management Team
- SC NEA Board
- Korea Balance Sheet Management Team
- Taiwan Balance Sheet Management Team
- Good understanding of Basel related capital requirements.
- Good understanding of HKMA regulations on capital
- Strong experience with financial consolidation and reporting
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Good experience with implementing and performing operational risk control processes
- Minimum 5 years of Finance related work experience in the financial industry.
- 2-3 years of experience in balance sheet management in the financial industry.
- Ability to lead and drive initiatives with a structured and focused approach.
- Effective team and stakeholder management skills and experience in an international environment.
- Ability to work independently and deliver results.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .