Senior Officer, Finance (Audit)
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
The incumbent supports the Procurement Governance Function. Responsible for implementing procurement strategy to deliver sustainable business value and commercial synergies. Supports the implementation of procurement management framework and processes, govern the compliance of such policies. Job Description:
- Work closely with internal key stakeholders to provide support and advice on procurement governance. Ensure full compliance of the policies and standards set out in the procurement framework and policy & processes, and enforce ethical practices in all dealings with suppliers.
- Assist to maintain a sound procurement processes and controls in the procurement framework and policy & procedures, encompassing a high level of governance, as well as due diligence checks and periodic review of vendors.
- Ongoing compliance checking to ensure that procurement activities are executed in alignment with internal guidelines.
- Assist to implement effective procedures and controls to measure vendor performance to ensure sound collaboration and partnership through monitoring and managing supplier quality.
- Assist to produce regular management information reports to highlight / analyze procurement data, summarize results and insights.
- University degree holder in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or any finance related discipline
- Possess a recognized professional qualification (i.e. ACCA, CPA, CFA)
- Minimum 3 years finance experience, with procurement and /or compliance experience
- Possess high level of integrity, work ethics and good moral values
- Good business acumen
- Able to establish, influence and maintain collaborative partnerships and engage in effective negotiations with a broad range of parties
- Work closely with diverse range of suppliers and possess knowledge of their capabilities, quality of supply, turnaround time and price competivenes
- Willingness to challenge status quo
- Able to work independently and under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Access and Word)
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills; fluent in spoken English and Chinese