My client, processes hundreds of millions of data points per day, and the size and variety of data is constantly growing. Based in the firms Hong Kong HQ, you will work as part of the Quant Research team and be directly involved in the key decision making processes etc. The successful candidate will use the firm's massive set of internally and externally generated time series data, converting these to signals that help drive trading and algorithms. Your initial focus will be on predicting stock and futures short term moves.
- Process and analyse large datasets to detect hidden signals and patterns in order to predict future events
- Perform quantitative analysis and modelling on the market to improve current trading strategies and develop new ones
- Take an idea from inception, through to detailed research, coding, and testing, and ultimately to production release
- Work independently yet closely with traders and IT staff
- Masters or PhD in a quantitative discipline e.g. Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, Signal Processing, Machine Learning, etc.
- 5+ years experience in analysing real-world data in a first-class research environment. Exposure to a variety of datasets would be an advantage. Experience in using Machine Learning to forecast sequence or time series data preferred
- 3+ years of financial markets experience working directly with trading desks, equities or futures preferred
- Very strong skills in writing production code in an OO programming language (preferably C++), and a statistical language (preferably Python)
- Experience working with low latency, real-time systems preferred
- Excellent communication skills, and command of spoken and written English
Xpand your job search in the right direction by applying via the links provided. If you have any difficulties doing so, you may also call Philip on +852 3579 4656 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org