Sr Mgr, Market Risk Project (Finance), 1-Year Contract
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Work closely with Market Risk project team on infrastructure development and improvement, and refining the existing Market risk capital reporting process under a 12-month project
- Work closely with Market Risk department and support on the upcoming Quantitative impact study ("QIS") on the New minimum capital requirements for market risk
- Drive the process improvements on end-to-end Market risk capital reporting process and work closely with Market Risk department on resolving market risk related issues
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of regulatory returns and Pillar III disclosures related to Market risk capital reporting. Follow up closely on the market risk related issues on both HK and Regional reporting
- Ensure an effective and efficient internal control and reporting process in place for Market risk capital reporting
- Participate in the industry consultation on new regulatory reporting requirements related to Market risk capital reporting and lead the subsequent implementation
- Observe and adhere to the obligations and requirements on regulations, Group policy and HKMA requirements on Market risk capital requirements
- Bachelor's or master's degree in finance, accounting or related disciplines.
- CPA, CFA, FRM or other professional qualifications preferred.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in market risk reporting and analysis.
- Deep understanding of financial products (interest rate swaps, FX swaps, credit derivatives, etc) and its key PnL and risk drivers.
- Experience in project management, change management and process re-engineering. Knowledge or experience in Banking (Capital) Rules, Banking (Disclosures) Rules, interest rate risk in banking book (IRRBB) or techniques in VaR methodology will be a plus.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and problem-solving skills with ability and confident in interacting with internal senior stakeholders, peer teams within and outside finance and regional counterparts.
- Self-starter and independent thinker with strong analytical skills, data mining skills and a flexible and pro-active mind set.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and able to prioritize task and provide forward looking alert on critical risk issues.
- Well versed in Excel and Excel VBA, Power Point, SQL and Access / SAS.
- Willing to assist other team members occasionally and take up ad-hoc tasks as assigned by team head.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.