Support Analyst, Wealth and Asset Management Technology
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Description
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Does change excite you? Do you want to be a member of a team that redefines how we get work done? We are changing the way we build software and we want you to be part of it. The customer is at the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily.
The Global Wealth and Asset Management's IT department is looking for a candidate to fill this position: Support Analyst - Global Wealth and Asset Management Technology
As a Support Analyst, you will manage our wealth and asset management application's service deliverables to our internal users and external clients . You will work on a dynamic and high performing team to provide analysis and systems management to support the Wealth and Asset Management applications, ensure timely delivery, and meet quality targets within an agile environment. If you have worked in a collaborative environment with multiple & simultaneous work streams, we would like to talk to you!
In this position, you will be involved with the following:
- Responsible for seamless functioning of technology and applications for the benefit of internal and external users
- Collect and analyse user requirements, producing functional and/or system specifications for building/enhancing various wealth related systems.
- Provides great customer service experience to assist with troubleshooting software and upstream/downstream data issues
- Resolves technical issues and record transactions via ticketing system
- Develops and maintains checklists for common technical issues
- Conduct "Quality Assurance and Control" to ensure system can operate accurately, effectively and efficiently; and assist users in develop, maintain and implement the user acceptance test plan.
- Provides frontline support for software and peripherals and resolving service tickets in a timely manner, escalates complex issues to software and platform technical analysts where appropriate
- Proactively identifies persistent technical issues with applications and hardware
- Train staff, including users, on new and existing system features and functions
- Analyse user problems and ad-hoc inquiries, providing business / technical solutions
- Contributes to the success of a team
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
- Knowledge of or degree in Information Technology or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience in system development, support and maintenance; with experience in System analyst role.
- Strong understanding of programming logic concepts, application analysis and design techniques
- Familiar with the application development tools such as .net, VB, Oracle, and MS SQL, SSRS
- Familiar with PCF, Apigee, Kibana
- Familiar with reporting tools such as Power BI and cubes
- Experience in database design and large scale data migration
- Good understanding of various IT platform, such as multi-tiers system architecture and IT system development and servicing methodologies (SDLC, Agile, DevOps, ITIL)
- Experience in mutual fund system is preferred.
- Experience in working in a globalised production support (7x24) model
- Experience in job scheduling system such as CA
- Finds his/her own way in tutorials and documentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Staying abreast of developments in own technical discipline and able to recognize and translate these to own working environment
- Constantly learns from both success and embraces failure as an opportunity to grow
- Good verbal and written communication; able to effectively articulate technical vision, possibilities, and outcomes
- Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement in processes and workflows
- Monitors areas of persistent difficulty and creates materials to efficiently deal with them
- Customer obsessed
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of December 31, 2018, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$794 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.0 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.