Technology Manager, Business Application Solutions (Insurance Product Setup and Implementation)
Bring your career aspirations to life with AIA!
- Manage and lead a team of staffs (local and outsource) to organize/plan/control the activities/resources/budget of assigned projects and Business Unit(s).
- Analyzes business requirements, designs and implements systems by enhancing the functionalities and ensuring system stability.
- Act as liaison with all parties in feasibility study, system / infrastructure design and hardware / software evaluation and formulating/ implementing IT solutions compliant to Company Policies & Standards and meeting user requirements and company strategic directions.
- Coordinate with various users to implement change/new products in IL system
- Review and design of IL product set-up to ensure they can incorporate into IL system with minimal change and identify impact area Roles and Responsibilities:
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Manages a team of local and offshore resources to overview project/product development in order to deliver successful system implementation on time
- Works with assigned Business Units and users to understand/review/integrate user requirements and to propose IT solutions
- Acts as a liaison between internal users and IT in all aspects in system development.
- Measures and monitors progress at clearly defined points in the process to ensure that the project is delivered on time, within budget, and that it meets or exceeds expectations. Balance scope, schedule, budget, quality, and risks. Make adjustments as necessary.
- Provides continuous improvement for existing systems and streamlines software development process to control software integrity
- Design the Product Automation and Control process to facilitate New Product setup in IL and Peripheral Systems (PP)
- Review and maintain all technical documents periodically for on product set up in IL and PP system.
- Work with users to define/streamline testing on product launch activities
- Manages vendors to meet project timelines and quality of the delivery
- Participates in quality management reviews
- Ensures smooth production run of application systems
- Review vendor solution and coding stand
- Analyzes and solves technical problems and ensures smooth production run of application systems and try every efforts to maintain system availability according to SLA
- Performs other responsibilities and duties assigned by immediate manager in order to meet business requirements
- University / College graduate in Computing/IT or related discipline.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge in Insurance industry and IL system is preferable
- At least 2 years' experience is at the supervisory role leading team of development work
- Proficient in at least one of the Database : Sybase, Oracle, SQL Server, AS/400 DB II
- Proficient with at least one of the platform : AS/400 (IL), UNIX, Application Server (Websphere, JBOSS)
- Problem solving/leadership skills
- Effective communication skills
- Coaching and technical training techniques
- Experienced in Integral Life System (Product Setup)
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live healthier, longer, better lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.