Transaction Advisory Services - Financial Services- Operational Transaction Services - Strategy & Operations - Senior Manager/ Manager
EY Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) services offers companies professional transaction experience, from the strategic analysis phase of the transaction lifecycle, through execution, to transaction integration or separation.
Within TAS, Operational Transaction Services group provides a broad range of operationally focused services including M&A Integration, Divestiture, Operation Restructuring and Working Capital Optimization. EY teams of 1,000 Operational Transaction Services professionals in 80 countries focus on all major functional areas, for example compliance, operations, finance and IT. We have experience working on acquisitions, sell-side carve-outs, wind down and mergers, including some of the most complex transactions in the Asia market.
During integration, EY teams starts with assisting clients in due diligence process to identify potential integration challenges. Our extensive experience in developing robust “Day 1” and “100 Day” plans assists clients to accelerate the realization of value and their strategic objectives.
In a divestment or carve-out situation, we assist clients with the development of a separation strategy to reduce disruption to the daily operations of the business. We also provide functional knowledge for operational upgrades and improvement, and assist with the assessment of potential impact to key business functions during the separation to better position our clients during the negotiation process.
Our clients also seek our advice on the identification of synergies, improving the operational and business performance of their investments, and identifying other value creation opportunities.
We currently have a career opportunity for a Manager to join our Operational Transaction Services – Financial Services Industry (FSI) team.
TAS offers companies professional transaction experience, from the strategic analysis phase of the transaction lifecycle, through execution, to transaction integration. We provide clients with a single point of contact, help clients determine the right deal to do and assist them in doing the deal right.
Your key responsibilities
- Lead and manage client engagement teams executing Operational Transaction Services, focusing on Finance and/or IT and/or Operation which support key decision makers in developing and executing their transaction strategy to secure deal value.
- Lead specific functions / workstreams such as Finance, Risk, IT, etc. over the transaction life cycle (Pre deal - Post Merger Integration).
- Support and manage distinct parts of the Project Management Office (PMO) to give both client and EY PMO leader leverage
- Demonstrate solid knowledge of all phases and aspects of methodology across integrations, carve-outs, operational due diligence and other types of transaction engagements.
- Demonstrate solid knowledge of the Financial Services Industry and strong industry dynamics and processes ideally with a deeper focus on one of the key sub segments, e.g. Retail and Commercial Banking, Capital Markets, Wealth and Asset Management or Insurance.
- Responsible for assessing the client's state of readiness with respect to people, resources, planning, data collection and strategy, identifying high-risk areas, unidentified issues and areas for overall improvement
- Lead and manage operational due diligence projects, including specific focus on IT, Ops, Risk by taking the operational and executional project lead.
- Lead and manage commercial due diligence projects, including market assessment, competitor studies and opportunity assessment by taking the operational and executional project lead.
- Demonstrate ability to identify risks and issues and recommend resolutions.
- Support business development activities to sell work through development of internal and external client relationship networks.
- Demonstrate a high degree of client satisfaction with the engagement process and work products sufficient to drive additional and repeated engagements.
- Successfully supervise, coach, and mentor junior professional in the team.
- Demonstrate leadership to junior team members by fostering an open and inclusive environment and effectively lead and motivate individuals with diverse skills and backgrounds.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor or master degree in accounting, finance, engineering, business, or a related field; chartered accountancy / MBA is a plus.
- Minimum 6-8 years’ relevant transactional advisory experience and/or commercial experience and/or consulting experience in a Big 4, Banks or Insurance companies, investment banks, consulting firms or other related professional firms in managing business strategy, M&A projects
- Functional knowledge in Finance, IT, Operations is required.
- Combination of Industry and Consulting experience is preferred.
- Experience in re-engineering, turnarounds or business integrations, such as synergy evaluation, project management office organization, operating model development, or sales force, finance, supply chain and IT implementation with a demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Experience in large-scale post-merger integration or carve-out is preferable but not mandatory.
- Experience in working in and managing complex business environments.
- Ability to develop approaches and synthesize information in complex integration projects.
- Excellent problem solving, project management, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills of English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Visio, Access and MS Project)
- Excellent team player.
What working at EY offers
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the
criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.