See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. Role Profile
The position of a Java developer has become available within the Prime Client Service Technology team. The team is closely aligned to the Prime Brokerage business unit. PB has a global footprint with offices in all the main financial centers, it provide consolidated clearing, custody, financing, foreign exchange and portfolio reporting services to the most sophisticated limited partnerships, asset managers and institutions. Prime Brokerage is very successful collection of businesses (PB, Listed Derivatives Clearing, OTC Clearing and DSP) and is seen as a market leader in its field in a number of global regions.
Morgan Stanley is the number one prime broker on the Street, a major contributing factor to this success has been the emphasis placed on technology. To maintain the competitive edge Morgan Stanley Prime Brokerage is continually looking to deploy innovative technology to deliver solutions to their Clients and well as internally to service their client base.
With this global nature of the prime brokerage business and a flexible IT team structure there are opportunities to work on projects that are not bound by geographical location or business functions. Scope
The team has a number of bespoke systems developed to assist the global business unit in the management and servicing of Clients. Users are both internal and external to the Firm. The team is responsible for a number of core systems that enable Client coverage (Client Service, Sales, Capital introduction, onboarding etc.) to be best in the Breed service to our clients.
An opportunity that has arisen for a server side Java developer with strong programming experience to work on projects targeted to both internal and external users. There is extensive use of middleware services written in Java on a Linux platform with Sybase data repositories, and IBM MQ Series messaging queuing. The role offers opportunity to work in a dynamic environment on localized and global projects, with considerable opportunities to get exposure to the business both directly related to Prime Brokerage but also other departments within the Firm. Responsibilities
- Interfacing with business unit sponsors to elicit requirements and document detailed deliverables
- Involvement in the full development lifecycle of projects.
- Working as a part of a team as well as on your own initiative.
- Facilitate in the decision-making processes with team members both in terms of new system development and enhancement to current systems Qualifications:
- Extensive experience with Java, including server side development
- Experience with object oriented development and design paradigms such as design patterns.
- Extensive knowledge of core Java (J2SE) programming (including java 8 concepts)
- Knowledge of data modeling and Transact SQL
- Experience of full software development life cycle
- Experience in agile development
- Strong verbal & written skills required to interact with global teams.
- Highly motivated, analytical thinking individual.
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Experience with service oriented architecture (micro-services)
- Exposure to building financial systems is a plus
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more. Learn about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley Budapest:
Build a career with impact. Visit https://www.morganstanley.com/about-us/global-offices/europe-middle-east-africa/hungary morganstanley.hu
for more information.