- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Feb 18 2018-02-22
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture
Operations (Ops) is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realise the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
As a result of recent market events, Legal Entity/Client Data Operations faces an unprecedented pace of regulatory and business change which is driving innovative solutions and automation related projects to support the group's operating model, business processes and system capabilities. Increased business & regulatory demand need requires the candidate to manage multiple LEAN based assignments that support accelerated pace of change within Operational run-the-bank (RTB) teams as of the following responsibilities:
- You could make significant change and impact within your role, making a substantial difference to the success of a fundamental department and the satisfaction of its employees, both of which can be very rewarding.
- You will work to deadlines and juggle multiple projects, which gives lots of variety in a rapidly changing environment.
- You will need to demonstrate a high level of professionalism with the ability to talk to, work with and present to a wide range of audiences.
- As an entry-level reporting & continuous improvement analyst, gaining experience across various assignments would be helpful for your career development.
Process Analysis/ Process Requirements Definition
- Lead detailed analysis with line staff, wider Ops groups to proactively identify, analyse/quantify manual inefficiencies (non-value added activities) and determine how processes can be improved with resources and tools (Excel Automation & SharePoint);
- Liaise with CRD Technology and Ops groups to ensure that business requirements have been correctly understood and documented to integrate new fields assigned to Business Objects self-service tool;
- Based on request define & document SharePoint workflow related process requirements and permission rights for future role-out;
Assignment Management & Support
- Create/Maintain Complex excel based functions or macros eliminating manual inefficiencies on RTB processes coming on an ad-hoc basis from Ops groups
- coded end to end sub-process for tasks requiring data manipulation in MS Excel;
- leverage multiple source reports to be dumped to network location where rules reconcile and calculate output metrics;
- permit integrated outputs for management/stakeholder reporting based on the flexible structured format which can be generated at any point of time by a click of a button;
- Create/Maintain rule sets within SharePoint Workflow (InfoPath), which
- enables users to better prioritize work and assists managers in escalations through priority indicators;
- records each step of process to view participants contributions or comments to a case empowering Audit trail;
- enforces controls with mandatory cells and user based views;
- permits integrated outputs for reporting based on the flexible structured format;
- Become a key contact for Ops colleagues to assist on Business Objects self-service queries related to A2 Data Model system;
- Perform user acceptance testing for custom excel/SharePoint workflow related enhancements for UAT cycle;
- Assist to develop control framework in consideration with the potential risks attached to the suggestions/enhancements you have made;
- Produce written documentation to support your work, report on your findings and to present to stakeholders/senior management if prompted to do so;
- Escalate issues and liaise with local and global LEG managers on deliverables;
- Ensure the timely delivery of reports/assignments;
- BS/BA Degree;
- Professional Excel Skills;
- Advanced MS Office Skills (PowerPoint, Word);
- Ability to Interact Effectively with Others Across Departments, Regions and Time Zones;
- Excellent Analytical and Problem Solving Capabilities. Includes Problem Structuring, Analysis and Ability to Translate Information into Actionable Implications and Recommendations;
- Demonstrated Experience Successfully Implementing Change in Organizations for Enterprise-Wide and/or Cross-Functional Large Scale Initiatives;
- Ability to Work Well Under Time Constraints and Prioritize Appropriately Across Multiple Projects;
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills in English;
- Familiarity with VBA;
- Experience with creating SharePoint sites (Groups, Views, Webparts, Workflows)
- Acquaintance with LEAN;
- Background in a Reporting Role in the Financial Industry;
- Detailed Understanding of Investment Banks and Operations;
- Involvement in Data Operations (Legal Entity/ Client Reference Data);
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.