Senior Internal Auditor - Corporate Functions
Description Job Purpose:
- Primary Location: Hungary,Budapest,Budapest
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Audit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19024316
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1000 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe. Job Background:
This role participates in the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi's respective regulators, globally.
Corporate Functions covers the activities of Human Resources, Public Affairs, Legal, Corporate Realty Services, Enterprise Supply Chain and Physical Security and Investigative Services functions. The Corporate Functions Internal Audit team provides risk based independent assessment of the control environment of these functions. Key Responsibilities:
• As a seasoned professional applies solid understanding of internal audit standards, policies, and local regulations to provide timely audit assurance.
• Contributes to the development of audit processes improvements.
• Applies solid understanding of how internal audit collectively integrates with line management and control functions to accomplish the objectives of the function and overall business.
• Participate in regional or global audits related to Corporate Functions, including Human Resources, Enterprise Supply Chain, Public Affairs, Legal, and Corporate Realty Services etc. in accordance with corporate methodologies and professional standards, including drafting of audit reports, presenting issues to the business and discussing practical solutions.
• Completes assigned audits and testing within budgeted timeframes, and budgeted costs.
• Monitors the risk environment and assesses the emerging risks through the Business Monitoring process.
• Recommends appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues.
• Applies knowledge of key regulations to influence audit scope.
• Develops effective line management relationships to ensure strong understanding of the business.
• Pro-actively develops automated routines to help focus audit testing. Development Value:
• Great opportunity to participate in audits in EMEA Qualifications Knowledge and Experience:
• 6-7 years experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for issuing to stakeholders high quality deliverables according to strict timetables.
• Specific subject matter expertise regarding Corporate Governance, Public Affairs, Legal, Human Resources, Procurement Sourcing, Accounts Payable and Realty Services products, especially those associated with the Corporate and O&T Enterprise Infrastructure businesses. Skills:
• Good communication skills to communicate as well with the various countries as with the people on the committees, accounting policy and senior management.
• Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft's Excel and Access analytical tools is ideal. Qualifications:
• BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience. Competencies:
• Needs to be a self-motivator that likes being involved in accounting issues and willing to achieve the best result for the countries while adhering to global standards and requirements