- Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Permanent, Full time
- IG Group
- 27 May 19
Accelerate your career with a world leader in financial trading and investments
IG's Enterprise Data department aims to provide a single consistent version of enterprise data throughout the organization which is secured, scalable, flexible, robust and of high quality and is well governed.
IG is looking for a specialized messaging architect with commercial experience of working on and architecting Enterprise Systems based on Event Driven Architecture using latest messaging and streaming technologies like JMS & Kafka and also having the experience of working on both private and public cloud environments.
IG would like to onboard someone who actively contributes to Open Source communities like Active MQ project of Apache Software Foundation and is keen to understand and solve complex architectural challenges with best of messaging technologies available in the market.
Who we are
Founded in 1974, we invented the concept of financial spread betting. Today, we're the world's No.1 spread betting and CFD provider, with offices in 14 countries and over 195,000 clients worldwide.
Recognised as one of Britain's top employers, it's no surprise that this success has come from empowering our people to be brave, innovative and inspiring. Join us, and you'll find the perfect place to showcase your talents and passion. Your achievements will be recognised, and you'll have the support of a collaborative global team.
Where you'll work
As part of a connected global team, you'll come to work in a friendly and dynamic environment. Our comfortable, cutting-edge offices contain everything you need to succeed:
• Agile workspaces and hot desks
• Private quiet rooms
• Breakout and refreshment areas
You'll be working from IG's Bangalore development centre, located adjacent to the prestigious Embassy Golf Green Technology Park, Domlur, is a modern smart office with employee friendly features like open collaborative space, hot desking capabilities and flexible working hours.
You'll be part of a group of technically smart, highly knowledgeable and aspiring individuals who are always challenging themselves to continuously improve and deliver software to help IG maintain industry leadership.
Nature of your work will require to interact closely with all IT development teams of IG across London, Bangalore and Krakow and also be part of the Architect community of IG from all the locations.
How you'll progress
Your development is as important to us as it is to you. You'll be rewarded for hard work here, with support to get better at what you do.
We work in a fast-paced project environment where change is constant. If you're up for the challenge, you'll have opportunities to try new things and broaden your skills quickly through exposure to the executive team and new experiences.
If your job will require you to get some additional trainings and/or attend technical conferences, IG will be happy to consider the requirement and help you to get the right training or attend the conferences whenever possible.
What you'll get
As well as having the chance to attend regular social events, get funding for your charitable endeavours and join a range of special interest groups, you'll receive an attractive selection of benefits working with IG:
• Flexible working hours and work-from-home opportunities
• Performance-related bonuses
• Pension, insurance and medical plans
• Career-focused technical and leadership training
• Contribution to gym memberships and more
What you'll do
As a messaging specialist architect
• You'll need to collaborate closely with Solution Architects, Infrastructure and Operations Architects and development leads to evolve our Enterprise Message Bus technology and capabilities, and to develop patterns and use-cases which help drive forwards its adoption across the organisation
• you are expected to design and suggest, the best messaging and streaming architecture for IG, which can help IG to continue to remain focused on building an Enterprise System based on Event Driven Architecture with specific focus on using industry standard technologies like Kafka and JMS.
• you would need to work closely with specialised messaging development teams responsible for overseeing and developing the Enterprise Messaging Bus and Streaming Platform to be used as an unified messaging systems across IG.
• you are expected to contribute, as part of the Enterprise Data Architecture team to the wider architectural vision and strategy and work across IT department to lead the architecture and adoption of our messaging practices
• you are expected to contribute, to set standards for best working practices and help teams in adopting them
• you are expected to contribute As-Is and To-Be states for messaging architecture that will facilitate a loosely coupled architecture that can evolve smoothly.
You are also expected to be an evangelist, forward thinking and a pragmatic person who is ready to take on new technical challenges.
Who you'll be
Essential Skills & Qualifications
• Deep technical knowledge of modern enterprise messaging technologies such as AMQ Artemis or Apache Kafka
• Implementation experience of Event Driven Architecture for very large scaled Enterprise System
• Accomplished software engineering background with knowledge of modern architectural patterns (Microservices, Event-Driven Architectures, Event Sourcing, Domain Driven Design)
• Familiarity with Enterprise Architecture frameworks such as TOGAF
• Experience of Agile, Lean and DevOps ways of working
• Excellent written and presentational skills (including technical documentation, UML etc)
• Working knowledge of one more cloud platform and related technologies is desirable
• Minimum 10 years of industry experience and java development experience within the last 7years
• Bachelors degree in computer science from reputed Engineering College
Desired Skills & Qualifications
• Experience of reactive architectures.
• Extensive experience as an architect and technical evangelist.
• Experience of EA modelling tools - e.g. Sparx, BizzDesign, etc
• Financial industry trading experience or similar, with an understanding of the business impact of messaging properties/behaviours.
• Recent JDK experience (JDK 9 - 12)
• Contribution to Open Source Communities
• Working knowledge of one more cloud platform and related technologies
• Experience on re-platforming on cloud
• Masters degree in computer science from reputed Engineering College
We're looking for tenacious, curious, eager and open-minded people to help us maintain our industry leadership. People who embody our three core values - who want to champion the client, lead the way and love what we do.
We recruit based on excellence, and believe that diversity is vital to success. We have zero tolerance for bullying, harassment or any other behaviour that stifles innovation and collaboration.
Number of openings