Associate 1- Performance Analysis
Key Responsibilities & Experience Range
- Performance analysis and Attribution (i.e. absolute and relative portfolio performance to factors including security selection, asset allocation, currency, etc.)
- Reconcile and update portfolio/benchmark performance and validate, identify, investigate and resolve security level discrepancies at the transaction, position, and pricing level in Global Performance Measurement and Risk applications.
- Retrieve, validate and upload data from various source/vendor systems and upload to the department's applications.
- Validate completeness and accuracy of data in department's performance, risk, and analytics tools.
- The analyst must have strong communication skills and must be able to answer questions from other performance analysts, operations associates, portfolio managers and other users regarding the details of performance calculation process and auditing procedures.
Interface: Skills & Knowledge
- Effectively communicate with Global Performance Measurement and Risk, Operations, and IT staff to resolve data issues and escalate problems to the appropriate groups.
- Collaborate with team members to develop, create and validate new performance analytical reports.
- Responsible for maintaining & creating a "best practice" process workflow environment in the team & in the designated projects.
- Must be able to independently "troubleshoot" functional and quantitative issues to ensure high quality report production. Must also be able to determine when problems & issues should be elevated to immediate manager.
- Collaborate with multiple departments across the firm to achieve firm wide goal of performance return centralization.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, required.
- Must be prepared to work flexible hours, potentially alongside US based colleagues for production and other issues that Require immediate escalation and/or resolution.
- Ability to remain calm during stressful periods like quarter end and work well under pressure.
- Active participation in various forums of the organization and providing valuable inputs time to time.
Primary Skills (Must Have)
- Qualification & Certifications
- Post Graduate, preferably an MBA in Finance from a reputed institute.
- FRM/CFA/Financial industry related certification is an added advantage.
- Fresher/Experienced candidate with 0 - 2 year post-graduation experience in any financial firm.
- Experience in Performance Measurement will be an added advantage.
Secondary Skills (Good to Have)
- Good understanding of Equity, Fixed Income and Derivative instruments.
- Knowledge of Investment Management industry.
- Knowledge of security analysis and portfolio management, stock exchange markets, financial markets, dividends, trading and settlements is required.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Basic MS office skills.
- Exposure to POINT/Yield book/Factset is an added advantage.
- Team player and ability to multi task.
- Proven ability to work accurately and independently.
- Proven ability to prioritize work to meet/exceed deadlines
- Good communication skills.