FRIBS - Billing Data Analyst _ Emerging Lead
Work Location: India
Experience: Minimum 4 years of experience as Business Analyst/Data Analyst /Data Engineer/ Data Consultant
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Computer Science/Information's systems or other quantitative discipline (Masters' degree is a plus)
The Global Billing Program is a strategic initiative within the corporation. The Senior Data Analyst role supports and guides project team with extensive experience in Data Analysis, Requirement Gathering and Documentation, Global Regulatory Reporting (across US, EMEA, APAC), Credit and Liquidity Reporting. The candidate should be proficient in working with sophisticated financial instruments, and should be well versed with the end-to-end regulatory reporting life-cycle. The successful candidate will take initiative, exercise independent thinking, juggle multiple activities, and meet aggressive deadlines in a fast paced environment. Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills and be interested in working in a professional and team-oriented environment. In this role, the candidate will have the opportunity to gain experience with many business, finance, technology, and third party organizations, and contribute to a major initiative within the firm.
Candidates with the following skill-set, or ability to pick up the following traits would be preferred for this role:
- Work with the Business teams to gather detailed, accurate and specific mapping documents, user stories, data lineage documents and business requirement documents
- Prepare functional and technical specifications documents and work closely with developers to ensure that they understand the specifications and deliver solutions for these specifications
- Ensure Business analysis, Gap analysis, Impact analysis and system analysis are done to a high standard on defined projects and continuous improvement initiatives
- Interact and interface with internal clients, vendor, development and testing teams on the entire book of work
- Develop expertise on all components involved in the Financial Accounting and Reporting architecture, at regional level and contribute towards Business and IT process improvements
- Gain a deep understanding of the billing environment in US, APAC and EMEA
- Assist with the creation and review of test plans
- Assist with testing activities, co-ordinate with all necessary teams, and help identify, mitigate and resolve issues which may come up from time to time
Expected Functional Proficiency:
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent at taking and giving directions
- Attention to details, strong work ethics
- Leadership qualities and strong management skills, particularly in respect to prioritization and execution. Able to multi-task and self-manage priorities based on deadlines.
- Good knowledge of Banking and related financial products life cycles.
- Have a strong understanding of financial source systems and data repositories
- Hunger to attack and own large, complex problems.
- Preferable to have prior experience in working for Data Intensive programs in Banking or Financial Services.
- Experience in understanding, analyzing, designing data infrastructure (ETL processes).
- Knowledge of database modeling and mappings.
- Familiarity of software development.
- Proficient in data analytical capability.
- Proficient knowledge and practical experience using SQL
- Coding/scripting skills for data engineering/manipulation/automation using python/sql.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Previous experience in Axiom's "Controller View" is a plus
- Ability to work with billing operation s SMEs
- PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Oracle, Financial Billing, Revenue Analytics.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask