Fund Accounting- Associate-1
State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutional investors, including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $33.99 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.81 trillion* in assets under management as of September 30, 2018, State Street operates in more than 100 geographic markets worldwide, including the US, Canada, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. For more information, visit State Street's website at www.statestreet.com.
*This figure is presented as of September 30, 2018 and includes approximately $28 billion of assets with respect to SPDR products for which State Street Global Advisors Funds Distributors, LLC (SSGA FD) acts solely as the marketing agent. SSGA FD and State Street Global Advisors are affiliated. Purpose of the Job
(list the primary job duties and responsibilities):
The main function of the role is: Work in conjunction with individuals on the team as well as other Shared Services/COEs, outsource partners, Client Operations, other business units as needed to ensure seamless processing according to the fund's policies, to ensure NAV/yield accuracy and that all SLAs are met. Roles and Responsibilities (list the primary job duties and responsibilities):
- Performs in a variety of functions and activities for assigned group such as distributions, SEC Yields, corporate actions, income and expense accruals etc.
- Should have exposure to trading instruments like Equities, Options, Bonds, Futures, Spots and Forwards, Bank Debts and Credit Default Swaps (CDS)
- Should have prior Mutual Fund accounting experience including General Ledger analysis and reconciliation.
- Assists senior team members with Business Unit related inquires
- Responsible for identifying and resolving problems within established guidelines; Develops timely and accurate responses to ensure the needs of the group are being met
- Maintain a controlled operating environment that complies with operational standard operating procedures
- Performs all duties in accordance with prescribed regulatory compliance guidelines
- Works effectively as a team member but also independently
- Working towards becoming proficient in all areas of the job
- Running and creating formal reports
- Expected to use some initiative but refer more complex problems to supervisors/experts
- During the course of normal day-to-day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and reporting and/or escalating in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Novice to Competent with a Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience with a focus in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Technical or related field preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word)
- Location: Mumbai - multiple shifts available
- Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal planning, and analytical skills
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Minimum of 0-2+ years of related Custody and/or Fund Accounting experience.
- Knowledge of securities language and legal requirements.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Some understanding of operational functions within Custody and/or Fund Accounting.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and working knowledge of various software applications.