Global Billing Operations - Inquiry Management _ Senior Manager
State Street has established a Global Billing Function under Controllership, which is responsible for client billing set up and invoicing across all business lines and geographies globally at State Street. Organizationally, it combines all groups performing these activities globally, and also includes centers residing in State Street Shared Service locations in Poland, India and China. Billing Organization owns aspects of business-as-usual activities within billing areas and also drives process improvements and automation.
Basic Purpose of Job:
The Inquiry Management Lead will be responsible for all aspects of customer billing assistance and issue resolution arising in the Global Billing Function across State Street global businesses spread across countries & regions.
The Inquiry Management Lead will manage a complex engagement model on a day-to-day basis. The individual will be directly responsible for managing the first point of contact for customers seeking billing assistance, updates, and information.
The Inquiry Management Lead will oversee that customers' needs, requests, questions, and concerns are met accordingly throughout the entire billing process.
In addition to Business As Usual (BAU) responsibilities as described above, this role will also be involved in process re-engineering, standardization, and automation efforts.
Responsibilities:- Business As Usual (BAU) Activities:
Process Re-Engineering, Standardization, and Automation:
- General responsibility for all billing hub questions, issues, concerns, and communications
- Oversee and manage the Inquiry Management to achieve global consistency and effectiveness in controls; accurate, quality work; and transparency into activities and results. Drive efficiencies to build capacity and create a more agile work process. Maintain a robust control environment: process controls, process oversight and process governance responsibility
- Adopts "owner's mind set", work independently, and effectively manage timelines
- Provide support to clients throughout the billing process
- First point of contact for any escalations dealing with issues (process/technology) and ensuring that compliance requirements are adhered to (e.g. company policies surrounding standard of conduct, information security)
- Serve as a subject matter expert on particular billing related and Inquiry Management matters
- Demonstrate through examples /evidence excellent written and verbal language skills, ability to independently address technical & non-technical issues, knowledge share / training sessions conducted , proactively troubleshoot and manage escalations, and work with global teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required to consult with dependent teams and clients as well as regulators and auditors
- Assist with the process Re-Engineering, Standardization, and Automation efforts for Billing
- Responsible for ongoing process improvements
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Finance, CPA Qualified with an experience minimum of 8 to 10 years in billing support in a global Billing function within a large financial services institution.
- Knowledge of various services and industry trends of billing methods for those services like Custody services, Sub custodian, trust services and out pocket expense billing, asset management etc.
- Experience of building and maintaining strong control environment (risk excellence, experience with SOX, RCSA controls, etc.), establishing policies, procedures and strong internal controls.
- Demonstrated leadership in improving/building-out the billing function for multiple geographies and business areas
- Experience assisting with re-engineering processes and driving similar centralization of the end-to-end activities for the major financial institutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Visio), advance levels of Excel (pivot tables, formulas, excel workbook maintenance best practices)
- Knowledge of billing systems
- Conceptual understanding of company-wide financial architecture (GL, sub-GL technology, specialized tools) applicable to the above process groups of processes
- First level management expertise required
- Independent decision-making capabilities, demonstrated thought leadership
- Pride of ownership with the ability to deliver high quality results timely
- Self-motivated, self-assured, and self-managed
- Strong analytical and ability to analyze and summarize complex financial transactions
- Strong attention to details
- Problem solving skill
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task and work under high pressure deadlines
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment