Investment Performance Analysis-Associate
State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutional investors, including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $33.99 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.81 trillion* in assets under management as of September 30, 2018, State Street operates in more than 100 geographic markets worldwide, including the US, Canada, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. For more information, visit State Street's website at www.statestreet.com. Key Responsibilities & Experience Range
- Performance analysis and Attribution (i.e. absolute and relative portfolio performance to factors including security selection, asset allocation, currency, etc.)
- Prepare analytics, performance reports and risk on a recurring and ad hoc basis.
- Reconcile and update portfolio/benchmark performance and validate, identify, investigate and resolve security level discrepancies at the transaction, position, and pricing level in Global Performance Measurement and Risk applications.
- Retrieve, validate and upload data from various source/vendor systems and upload to the department's applications.
- Validate completeness and accuracy of data in department's performance, risk, and analytics tools.
- The analyst must have strong communication skills and must be able to answer questions from other performance analysts, operations associates, portfolio managers and other users regarding the details of performance calculation process and auditing procedures
- Monitor various performance and control reports, identify potential performance issues, research underlying data that may cause performance discrepancies and resolve by following procedures.
- Support and provide valuable inputs to our business partners with special projects.
- Effectively communicate with Global Performance Measurement and Risk, Operations, and IT staff to resolve data issues and escalate problems to the appropriate groups.
- Effectively communicate with Operations and IT Team's to resolve data issues and escalate problems to the appropriate groups
- Upholding a quality focused process and ensuring necessary quality controls/checks & balances are implemented and practiced.
- Collaborate with team members to develop, create and validate new performance analytical reports.
- Responsible for maintaining & creating a "best practice" process workflow environment in the team & in the designated projects.
- Must be able to independently "troubleshoot" functional and quantitative issues to ensure high quality report production. Must also be able to determine when problems & issues should be elevated to immediate manager.
- Collaborate with multiple departments across the firm to achieve firm wide goal of performance return centralization.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, required.
- Must be prepared to work flexible hours, potentially alongside US based colleagues for production and other issues that require immediate escalation and/or resolution.
- Ability to remain calm during stressful periods like quarter end and work well under pressure.
- Active participation in various forums of the organization and providing valuable inputs time to time.