The main function of the role is calculating and attributing performance of a fund against the benchmark by the defined business day and helping the fellow team members achieve a common goal.
Responsibilities & Tasks Include:
Education and Experience
- Auditing assigned portfolios/funds on a daily/weekly and monthly basis.
- Performing various checks such as security level checks, cash derivative return checks, zero out control reports, account return compare and checking such other various control reports.
- Capturing any data issues, fixing of issues and escalation.
- Provide standard and non-standard attribution.
- Sanity check of monthly/quarterly/YTD/3-5 Years/Since Inception returns.
- Liaison with upstream and downstream teams and on-time resolution of issues.
- On-time submission of the performance and characteristics reports along with tracking error decomposition reports.
- Follow up on issues until closure.
- Documentation of the process and procedures from time to time.
- Respond to any fund specific queries allocated to the analyst and the team.
- Accountable and Responsible for working on any projects assigned to the team.
- Accountable and Responsible consolidating data for status update calls and emails.
- Accountable and Responsible for process documentation as and when needed.
- Training, on-boarding and mentoring new joiners into the team.
- Responsible for production of junior and senior analysts group as assigned by the team lead.
- Responsible for adhoc reporting requirements.
- Ensure that the Daily/Weekly/Monthly reports have been delivered.
- Monthly checks for the team such as un-classified holdings check, new business events etc.
- First point of contact on subject matter questions.
- Actively check for funds pending closures, CRX failures and Escalate accordingly.
- Should keep the TL/AM informed on any facilities, operations and people management issues and concerns.
Other Personality Attributes Required
- Post Graduate, preferably an MBA in Finance from a reputed institute.
- CIPM/CFA/Financial industry related certification is an added advantage.
- Experienced candidate with 5 - 7 year post-graduation experience in State Street Investment Services.
- Experience in Performance Measurement will be an added advantage.
- Team player and ability to multi task.
- Proven ability to work accurately and independently.
- Proven ability to prioritize work to meet/exceed deadlines.
- Good with people.
- High emotional quotient.
- Good understanding of Equity, Fixed Income and Derivative instruments.
- Knowledge of Investment Management industry.
- Knowledge of security analysis and portfolio management, stock exchange markets, financial markets, dividends, trading and settlements is required.
- Good understanding of Mutual Funds, MPF, ETF & SMA structures & Functionality.
- Basic MS office skills.
- Exposure to Hipef/ANOVA Systems is an added advantage.
- Exposure to Portia/Factset/Port is an added advantage.
- Performance measurement subject matter expertise is required.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Team management and people skills.
- Good communication skills.