Senior Software Engineer
Looking for an experienced full-stack developer. Able to take high level technical specifications, design modules and implement code. Quick starter familiar with all aspects of Agile methodology and hands on development. Should have strong server side, scripting skills, need to optimize solutions for performance in both Java and SQL. Full stack developer will be preferred.
In this role you will be a member of the Moody's DMTS team creating and supporting some of the industry's leading software solutions for the finance industry. You will be involved in all aspects of SDLC to build and support key applications.
Typical Responsibilities include:
• Design and implement re-usable software components.
• Get involved in full-stack development.
• Develop reusable frameworks/components and POCs to accelerate development on projects.
• Perform gap analysis and provide business solutions.
• Work with a variety of client and server side frameworks - open source and home grown. Rapidly prototype new products and see through implementation.
• Part of the innovation team experience both heads down coding time as well as active participation product design.
• Explore emerging technologies including natural language processing/understanding.
• Work collaboratively with a core team of architects and developers spread across different locations.
• Research and build POCs using available frameworks to ensure feasibility.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, IT, Software Engineer, Software Development
• Must have Java, Python, Spring (Boot, MVC) SQL (Oracle) Json Apache TiKa POI Tomcat/JBoss
• Knowledge of any NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB, ElasticSearch is a plus,
• AngularJS , Express JS, Node JS.
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes a plus
• Experience with GitHub a plus
• Knowledge of distributed frameworks such as Spark/Kafka is a plus
• Experience with AWS is a plus
• Strong debugging, analytical and problem solving abilities.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.