Sr Research Associate
The Role / Responsibilities:
The MIS Research group's objective is to enable MIS to get the right research to the right people at the right time. The Research group is responsible for driving research content, organizing product management, overseeing operations & managing operational controls. This role is part of the function that supports the overall MIS Research objective by managing onshore and/or offshore research, ratings and data activities.
Research Support is a global team with members located in New York, London, Gurgaon and Bangalore. This role supports the creation and publication of various types of research reports for Moody's Investors Service, across multiple regions and a wide range of industry sectors. The team's output includes a mix of financial and descriptive written content.
Key activities include:
• Support the onshore MIS Research team's efforts in various research report preparation activities including Moody's company profiles and sector reports.
• Research and analyze sectors, companies, market/regulatory developments and report on financial performance to support credit analysis
• Support intensive fact checking of research reports for accuracy of data and content
• Interact with global MIS Research teams in supporting high quality research products, including receiving, review and analysing data and other reports as well as coordinating responses on data investigation/issues as necessary
• Support creation of management presentations and deliver reports or analysis on ad-hoc basis
• Collate and track operational metrics, e.g. research process and workflow record
• Support creation and maintenance of operational documentation and guidelines
• At least a Bachelor's Degree in business, finance, accounting, economics or similar field with 2-4 years of professional work experience, preferably in credit report writing.
• Experience with business and data analysis with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Exceptional attention to detail relating to written and financial research content, metrics tracking and reporting, creating, modifying, manipulating high volumes of data
• Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; knowledge of SharePoint helpful but not required
• Excellent communication, presentation, and administrative management skills
• A positive outgoing attitude with good interpersonal skills, and the ability to build strong professional relationships with both local and global stakeholders
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.