About this role
Technology & Operations
Want to elevate your career by being a part of the world's largest asset manager? Do you thrive in an environment that champions positive relationships and recognizes exceptional performance? We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock we strive to empower our employees and actively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $6 trillion of assets we have an exceptional responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock is currently seeking professionals at the Analyst level to become part of our Portfolio Compliance team.
Portfolio Compliance Group (PCG) is a global group which sits within Global Accounting and Product Services (GAAPS) one of the core functions within the Business Operations Group at BlackRock. PCG is responsible for implementing controls & processes, to ensure we are portfolio compliant aligned with all applicable regulatory and portfolio issued guidelines. This relates to trading and investments, including Aladdin pre-and post-trade compliance and non-Aladdin trading compliance; global syndicate offering review; ERISA & Fiduciary monitoring, and Global Thresholds reporting.
This role sits in the Disclosures Reporting Team and primarily focuses on monitoring and reporting of major shareholdings, short selling activities, Takeover Panel transactions and fund systemic risk reports to regulators across the world. The remit of the role covers all major global investments and respond to internal and external requests for information on the firm's positions in companies and securities. We are also responsible for disclosing and reporting various information to fund boards and clients, including sub-advised clients.
You like to:
• Work in a culture of openness, inclusion and hands-on engagement at all levels.
• Interact with colleagues from Portfolio Management, Institutional Client Business, Legal & Compliance, and Investment Stewardship and works closely with Business Operations and Technology
• Learn about numerous global regulatory regimes and jurisdictions, and stay up to date on regulatory changes that may impact the team
• Be part of a dynamic, high-intensity environment, and develop within a truly global international group
• Tackle complex problems in an ever-changing environment, with a target on process optimization, data & technology in a pragmatic approach.
• Enjoy developing strong internal & external relationships, with a focus on collaboration & client service.
• Have exposure to global regulatory regimes and jurisdictions
Your daily tasks may include:
• Reviewing system reports of shareholdings against trade movements, and reporting holdings that have reached prescribed thresholds
• Submitting of necessary disclosures in an accurate and timely manner & maintaining clear records of all filings and communications
• Identifying holdings that are approaching prescribed threshold limits and engaging portfolio managers globally in order to allocate limited investment capacity, ensuring the best possible outcome for our clients
• Working with partners to improve processes and controls that build capacity and scale, and supporting automation
• Monitoring overall data collection status from various global functional teams
• Preparing monthly and quarterly Sub-Advised client certificates, in accordance with client guidelines and various SEC regulations
• Building and validating daily, monthly, and quarterly cross trade reports
• Performing ad-hoc analysis for the Client Service Management team and sub-advised clients
• Maintaining procedures across all processes to ensure high-level quality control
• Communicating with regulators and internal legal counsel regarding complex, sensitive topics
• Finding opportunities to improve processes through the use of technology
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field (preferred but not required).
• Recent experience or strong academics with a background in finance or similar field with a keen interest in the investment management industry and of investment products preferred
• Experience in working with and developing strong and positive relationships with both internal and external partners
• Strong client and stakeholder service orientation.
• Strong control / risk mitigation mentality; ability to apply solid judgement as to when to raise issues.
• Solid proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to work directly with clients and across all levels of staff and management. Ability to convey complex concepts simply and clearly to target audience
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and in a rapidly changing environment to meet deadlines.
• Focus on continuous improvement and process innovation.
• Strong IT skills, including experience with Visual Basic and SQL (preferable)
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Blog: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.