The Informatica/sql server developer is responsible for owning all processes in a system. You are able to collaborate with technology cross-commits and business teams to understand requirements and recommend right and scalable solution, lead the development & implementation by adhering to required quality standards. You are able to manage and prioritize work requests for enhancements setting accurate expectations with technology and business partners to implement the change at mutually agreed upon milestones and timelines.
The Informatica platform is the major underlying technology component used to support data transactions for Investments / Asset Management business. The position provides an unparalleled opportunity to learn other aspects of Asset Management business and become a valuable member of our global technology team supporting a very dynamic and rapidly growing global Asset management business. Responsibilities
- Translate business and user requirements into system requirements / design for the technology organization and manage delivery within budget, scope and planned schedule.
Technology Support :
- Complete all support documentation on assigned projects or small enhancements, including creating and updating all user and technical procedures/manuals, operational support documentation.
- Leverage domain and analyst expertise to provide the most effective solutions to the business partners in the most efficient means possible - including selecting the appropriate analysis techniques and tools (process modeling, use cases, etc.) for each project.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with technology teams and business partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain knowledge of evolving industry trends, practices, techniques and standards;
- Manage delivery, priority and distribution of responsibilities to employee and vendor developers;
- Design and code to meet business specifications;
- Collaborate with cross-commit teams for implementation of deliverables in all environments;
- Prioritize and manage work requests for changes and enhancements based on business requirements;
- Coach and mentor ETL developers on proper use of industry standard trends and practices;
- Work towards updating the sql server knowledge.
- Development of code and design to meet evolving needs while adhering to policy and standards.
- Design and develop knowledge repository to train new and existing resources;
- Conduct and participate in ETL Code and design Reviews;
- Manage test plan & risks through development phases to implementation, ensure zero defects are introduced into the production environment;
- Ensure required documentation for projects and/or enhancements are created and updated;
- Deliver results work both in a team or independently;
- Achieve key performance measures for code review and test execution
- Monitor and support the production environment applications to ensure optimum stability and performance. Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in systems analysis, design and an expert understanding of development, quality assurance and integration methodologies.
- Strong analytic, problem-solving, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- A total experience of 3-5 years in the industry is preferred.
- 4+ years of experience with Informatica Power Center on Data Warehousing and Data Integration projects.
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with SQL server (T-SQL) / PlSql
- Participate in testing and issue resolution to validate functionality and performance.
- Intermediate-level experience defining and invoking PL/SQL processes against Oracle databases.
- Hands-on experience with Xml handling.
- Hands-on experience with unix scripting.
- Hands-on experience defining job control processes - preferably with TWS.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with writing use cases and test cases. Preferred Qualifications
- Experience working with US Clients and Business partners.
- Informatica certification(s).
- Experience supporting applications within the Financial Services industry (preferably in asset management).
- Understand CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration) quality processes.
- Knowledge of data modeling and data ware house concepts.
- Experience with writing use cases and test cases.
- Experience working with MS Visio, MS Project, Quality center and GIT.
- MS SQL Server DBA Certifications. About Our Company
With the right company, life can be brilliant. Ameriprise India LLP has been providing client based financial solutions to help clients plan and achieve their financial objectives for 125 years. We are a U.S. based financial planning company headquartered in Minneapolis with a global presence. The firm's focus areas include Asset Management and Advice, Retirement Planning and Insurance Protection. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You'll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise India LLP.