Markit Counterparty Manager is a highly secure environment for trading counterparties to manage and share documentation, make regulatory representations and validate compliance with evolving business conduct rules and KYC/AML obligations.
As a Java/Java EE developer, you will provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs by working with a team of application developers (in multiple global locations), business analysts and business stakeholders.
Duties & accountabilities
- Design & Develop solutions for a business problem.
- Maintain the application developed & provide support.
- Communicate effectively with business stakeholders like Development team, Business Analyst, Product Team & Test Team.
- Mentor other team members when required.
- Use best practices related to development, testing & deployment and employs them on projects where appropriate.
Education and experience
- Degree in computer science or equivalent background
- 5-8 years of Professional experience working on Java platforms/applications
- Strong Core Java 7/8, Java EE hands on skills including Multithreading, Data Structures.
- Hands on experience in writing SQL queries on Database like SQL server & Oracle.
- Experience with writing PL/SQL.
- Practical Experience with Spring.
- Good to have experience with ORM framework.
- Practical experience with Rest APIs, XML, JAXB, JSON.
- Hands on experience with Application Servers (Tomcat, WildFly).
- Comfortable working with both UNIX/Linux and Windows environments
- Hands on experience with build tools like Maven/Ant & Version Control systems like GIT & GITLab.
- Experience with CI/ CD tools like Jenkins is desirable.
- Ability to learn new technologies as and when required.
- Experience working in Agile environment desired.
- Knowledge of MongoDB will be a plus.
- Knowledge of AWS and Micro-service architecture will be a plus.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.