Sr. Systems Analyst - Tech
The Senior Systems Analyst is responsible for architecting new automated test strategies and frameworks, in addition to creating, implementing and automating testing in support of software test requirements. The person works with developers in Gurugram as well as business teams in the US to develop, maintain, and enhance the test automation framework and automation infrastructure for Single Page Application and Business Intelligence platforms. Responsibilities
- Estimate and coordinate the work efforts of Quality Assurance in the execution of testing efforts.
- Lead effort to review product specifications and work with others to develop appropriate test strategies and detailed test plans and test architectures.
- Lead formal reviews of test plans, designs and requirements documents with cross-functional teams.
- Accurately predict the amount of effort required for projects and tasks. Develop plans and schedules based on these predictions.
- Architect, implement and manage automated suites of black-box and white-box test scripts.
- Identify product issues and write detailed bug reports during the product development cycle.
- Communicate and coordinate with peers and senior level individuals in cross-functional groups to articulate and compare alternative testing approaches.
- Lead defect management and maintenance. Review defects that escaped to the field to learn how they could have been prevented or detected.
- Lead documentation reviews during product release cycle to ensure quality and comprehensive product documentation.
- Lead monitoring of test execution across multiple code branches and multiple platforms.
- Research, Develop and/or Recommend tools to assist in test planning, execution and reporting.
- Utilize tools such as code coverage tools to assess the coverage of test suites and make recommendations for additional test cases.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of experience in IT as Quality Assurance Analyst preferably in Financial or Brokerage domain.
- Well versed in both Automation and Manual testing practices.
- Strong experience in creation and execution of test scripts using Selenium Webdriver and SOAP UI. Capable of understanding the framework and develop the test scripts within the timeframe. Worked on Selenium Automation Hybrid Framework based on Page Object Model, Keyword framework.
- Experience in testing of SPA (Single page applications) and automation of test cases related to SPA.
- Proficient in SDLC, STLC, and various testing activities like preparing Test Scenarios, Test Cases and performing Functional, Regression testing. Experienced in Agile and Waterfall test practices.
- Good knowledge on Datawarehouse concepts.
- Knowledge of tools like QC, Rally, Version One, SOAP UI, SQL Developer.
- Experience with API testing or integration.
- Strong ability to work in fast-paced environment and ability to multitask with ease is essential to the success of this position
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable building and maintaining test systems from scratch
- Excellent knowledge of QA methodology and Software development processes (Agile Scrum, RUP, IEEE, etc.)
Good to have knowledge or experience in:
Financial services Industry, with specific knowledge in Asset Management, Wealth Management.
Capable of understanding and documenting incidents. Effectively manage incident information and test status information to improve product and process
Extensive experience with various types of testing including unit, system, integration, user acceptance, regression, usability and end-to-end testing About Our Company
With the right company, life can be brilliant. Ameriprise India LLP has been providing client based financial solutions to help clients plan and achieve their financial objectives for 125 years. We are a U.S. based financial planning company headquartered in Minneapolis with a global presence. The firm's focus areas include Asset Management and Advice, Retirement Planning and Insurance Protection. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You'll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise India LLP.